Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Futurama chat

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    General Futurama Forum Category    Human Resource Department    Leela or Amy? « previous next »
 Topic locked! 
: Leela or Amy?  (Read 346987 times)
: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20 Print
PEE Poll: Leela or Amy?
Leela
Amy
This poll is sexist and degrading!

Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« #120 : 07-02-2004 13:43 »
« : 07-02-2004 13:43 »

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

TOTP dodgy link dance!
John Pannozzi

Starship Captain
****
« #121 : 07-09-2004 16:58 »

Personally, I think this whole Leela vs. Amy thing is pointless, like Joel vs. Mike or Kirk vs. Picard. Both Leela and Amy are equally good in my book. IMHO Leela is sexier, but Amy is cuter. Both Leela and Amy are hotter than the so-called "sexiest toons" like Betty Boop or Jessica Rabbit or Holli Would. But I love Leela and Amy more for their personalities than their appearances.
Zogonif

Liquid Emperor
**
« #122 : 07-13-2004 02:52 »

Leela all the way
Tongue Luck

Starship Captain
****
« #123 : 07-13-2004 05:13 »
« : 07-13-2004 05:13 »

   
Quote
Originally posted by John Pannozzi:
IMHO Leela is sexier, but Amy is cuter.
I think so, too. And I'll take sexy over cute any day.

Leela's curvy, and not the sort of curvy that's a euphamism for "she's got more meat than a cow!" They're both thin, no question, but Leela's boobies and hips are more impessive in my eyes than Amy's. Mmm, cartoon lust. It's so wrong, but it feels so, so right.

Personality wise (so I don't sound like the total net perv that I am), Leela's definitely more the type I'd like to date (except that she totally belongs to Fry and blah blah blah inane shipper babble... plus the whole fictional character thing). It seems like I wouldn't get tired of talking to her. Plus, I have a thing for chicks who use their screwed up pasts to become stronger people but still really need someone to comfort them every once in a while. Oh, and I like her lips.

I don't hate Amy or anything, though. I love her slang and her passive agressive comments about Leela. And she looked dead sexy just after her dip in the Fountain of Aging in TMLH. Anyone have a frame grab?
Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« #124 : 07-13-2004 07:25 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Tongue Luck:
Anyone have a frame grab?

With pleasure!



And a nice behind shot!



 
Quote
Originally posted by Tongue Luck:
Plus, I have a thing for chicks who use their screwed up pasts to become stronger people but still really need someone to comfort them every once in a while.

Very specific!  :p
JBERGES

Urban Legend
***
« #125 : 07-13-2004 10:12 »

(reads Tongue Luck’s post)

*Spit take* Who are you and how did you get inside my demented head?!  I'm declaring you "oddly specific coincidence buddy of the week." Yeah, that has a nice ring to it. 

A vote for Leela, of course.
Tongue Luck

Starship Captain
****
« #126 : 07-13-2004 11:18 »
« : 07-13-2004 11:18 »

Mmm... Frame grabs. They must've felt obligated to put in some fan service after turning Amy all fat and pimply for a third of the episode. 
Quote
Originally posted by Ozor Mox:
Very specific!
It is, but I've actually dated and fallen for a couple of them. Then it all went to hell and I ended up old and lonely LIKE ZOIDBERG!

Okay, I'm better now.

Yay! JBERGES said I was his buddy! Now if I could only steal some of that awesome fanfic humor from that demented head of yours...
leelaholic

Liquid Emperor
**
« #127 : 07-13-2004 11:58 »

Nosebleed

Bending Unit
***
« #128 : 07-17-2004 06:20 »

Amys face looks kind of odd on that picture, but on the other hand I doubt that most of the viewers will be looking at that...

I gotta go with Leela.
DOOP

Crustacean
*
« #129 : 07-21-2004 10:55 »

I voted for Leela.She's the best!
DDie

Bending Unit
***
« #130 : 07-22-2004 19:56 »

Just look at the picture Ozor Mox posted and you'll understand why I voted vor Amy. Arrrrr *barf*
evan

Urban Legend
***
« #131 : 07-22-2004 23:19 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Nosebleed:
Amys face looks kind of odd on that picture, but on the other hand I doubt that most of the viewers will be looking at that...

I gotta go with Leela.

Well, she is screaming for help.  Naturally, Amy won't be looking her best.  And on the other hand, everyone's just distracted by Leela's prominent cleavage.  I bet most of the votes for Leela are simply due to the boobie-factor.   :flirt:
ThE cRaZy CrAb

Poppler
*
« #132 : 07-23-2004 19:23 »
« : 07-23-2004 19:23 »

i think amy is so much hotter scince she has two  eyes and nice boobs
leelaholic

Liquid Emperor
**
« #133 : 07-23-2004 19:50 »
« : 08-01-2004 22:00 »

BENDERZOID

Crustacean
*
« #134 : 07-26-2004 14:13 »

LEELA LEELA LEELA LEELA LEELA LEELA LEELA LEELA
Cyberman

Bending Unit
***
« #135 : 07-30-2004 09:22 »

Amy. She's sexier.
TheLampIncident

Urban Legend
***
« #136 : 07-30-2004 09:42 »

Hey, what happened to that Leela steamroom pic anyway? All I get now is a red X. If that doesn't bring you to our side, I don't know what will.
Y_L_B

Professor
*
« #137 : 08-02-2004 00:23 »

I don't know about the rest of you, but I think Leela is H-O-T hot. Amy's cute, that's for sure, but Leela...

Also, Amy seems rather shallow to me. Leela is picky, but all she wants is a good guy, and she seems like she would make a better friend.

Did I mention that she's also dead sexy?



fryfanSpyOrama

Urban Legend
***
« #138 : 08-02-2004 00:29 »

Anyone have a problem with Amy's head on leela's body?  I just saw ABBFT and I was reminded that Bender did that using pictures.  I would've liked to have seen that.
Habib
Guest


« #139 : 08-09-2004 03:18 »


Leela!
spacemonkey

Bending Unit
***
« #140 : 08-13-2004 17:57 »
« : 08-13-2004 17:57 »

Amy! Amy is cute, friendly, and adorable.



Thanks for hosting Y_L_B!
ShortRoundMcfly

Starship Captain
****
« #141 : 08-13-2004 18:27 »

Amy all teh way.
DrJohnZ

Starship Captain
****
« #142 : 08-14-2004 23:55 »

nice avator leelaholic   ;)
Eyedol7513

Liquid Emperor
**
« #143 : 08-15-2004 00:37 »
« : 08-15-2004 00:37 »

Leela of course. Amy may be cuter, but Leela has a better body and better personality. Also the scene in "Why Must I Be A Crustacean In Love?", her dress in "That's Lobstertainment!", and when she's practically naked in "Jurassic Bark" were classics. I'm glad she's winning by a landslide. (Amy is second though.)
Lrrrr

Bending Unit
***
« #144 : 08-15-2004 01:36 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by JBERGES:
(reads Tongue Luck’s post)

*Spit take* Who are you and how did you get inside my demented head?!  I'm declaring you "oddly specific coincidence buddy of the week." Yeah, that has a nice ring to it. 

A vote for Leela, of course.

that or got into both our heads or just mine (sence i could never think of fanfics)

 
Quote
Originally posted by Tongue Luck:
   
Quote
Originally posted by John Pannozzi:
IMHO Leela is sexier, but Amy is cuter.
I think so, too. And I'll take sexy over cute any day.

Leela's curvy, and not the sort of curvy that's a euphamism for "she's got more meat than a cow!" They're both thin, no question, but Leela's boobies and hips are more impessive in my eyes than Amy's. Mmm, cartoon lust. It's so wrong, but it feels so, so right.

Personality wise (so I don't sound like the total net perv that I am), Leela's definitely more the type I'd like to date (except that she totally belongs to Fry and blah blah blah inane shipper babble... plus the whole fictional character thing). It seems like I wouldn't get tired of talking to her. Plus, I have a thing for chicks who use their screwed up pasts to become stronger people but still really need someone to comfort them every once in a while. Oh, and I like her lips.

I don't hate Amy or anything, though. I love her slang and her passive agressive comments about Leela. And she looked dead sexy just after her dip in the Fountain of Aging in TMLH. Anyone have a frame grab?

GET OUT OF JBERGES' AND/OR MY HEAD(S)
SlackJawedMoron

Urban Legend
***
« #145 : 08-15-2004 04:19 »

Look man, why you gotta be on such a down trip? A head is a beautiful place to be, full of power, terror, passion, love, fluffy things, and dark, unspeakable truths. Plus, you got no place to stay, heads come round so often it's just a natural step, man. You find a head to live in, you grab it and never let it go. Heads. Nature's easy tenements.
leelaholic

Liquid Emperor
**
« #146 : 08-15-2004 17:25 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by DrJohnZ:
nice avatar leelaholic    ;)
Thankya. GFF made it.  :)

And I disagree with people who say Amy is "cuter" than Leela. I think that Leela's damn cute.
ShortRoundMcfly

Starship Captain
****
« #147 : 08-15-2004 17:48 »

Leela acts too much like a dude. Way too picky too. I just can't iamgine her in a relationship at all. That's just my opinion.
Y_L_B

Professor
*
« #148 : 08-15-2004 18:05 »

'cause ASCII art probably contains a thousand words, more crap to get people on the Leela side:

Clicky.

and...

Clicky.

 :love:
ShortRoundMcfly

Starship Captain
****
« #149 : 08-15-2004 18:55 »

Try as you might, but it won't help you! For this beholder's eye has already chosen!
Jicannon

Urban Legend
***
« #150 : 08-17-2004 13:00 »

@leelaholic: Nope, I definately think Amy is cuter, despite the efforts of her cuteness reductions surgery. She has a smaller physique, which, imo, makes her cuter.
natethefighter

Poppler
*
« #151 : 08-17-2004 17:14 »

Well, I would have to go with Leela, not just because of her good looks, but also because of her deep personality, how good of a friend she seems to be, and that she speaks her mind and isin't afraid to be herself.
ShortRoundMcfly

Starship Captain
****
« #152 : 08-17-2004 20:00 »

She's pretty much always in a cross mood to me.
Tongue Luck

Starship Captain
****
« #153 : 08-19-2004 04:15 »

(This is a little belated, but I took a few days off PEEL and I guess things piled up.) Sorry, Lrrr, I think SlackJawed is onto something. I've just finished moving a futon and a TV into JBERGES's head. I think I'll be using yours for storage. *twitches as she attempts to resist the overpowering urge to make a joke about there being plenty of space*

Oh, and those are fifteen kinds of awesome, Y_L_B.
Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« #154 : 08-19-2004 09:55 »
« : 08-19-2004 09:55 »

I find it interesting how the number of PEELers who prefer Amy is almost half that of Leela. Given screen time or lack thereof and character depth and importance to the show, it's quite a substantial result for Amy.
JBERGES

Urban Legend
***
« #155 : 08-19-2004 10:50 »
« : 08-19-2004 10:50 »

Pfft. You can skew statistics any way you want.  63 percent of all people know that.

The fact that Leela is featured more than Amy doesn't hinder anyone from getting a good look at the two of them, thus not affecting votes based on looks. As for personalities, yes, Leela is more developed than Amy (Her character!  Her character!!  Perverts).  However, from what we as fans know, it doesn't seem like there's much more to learn about Amy.  Besides, it also seems most people who voted for Amy based on personality voted simply because they don’t like Leela’s…   

Furthermore, Tongue Luck, you are weird.  Also, it all makes sense now.  I blame you for my recent insomnia, you've been haunting my dreams.

EDIT:  If I spell it "tounge luck" one more time...
ShortRoundMcfly

Starship Captain
****
« #156 : 08-19-2004 21:08 »

I wonder if it would be illegal to dupe a poll with new profiles...
Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« #157 : 08-21-2004 06:25 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by JBERGES:
However, from what we as fans know, it doesn't seem like there's much more to learn about Amy.

That's only because she's a secondary character though, no more needs to be learnt about Amy for the purpose of the show. Leela though has all sorts of characteristics so that she can be used in the most part of almost every episode without seeming shallow.
DrJohnZ

Starship Captain
****
« #158 : 08-21-2004 10:29 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by leelaholic:
And I disagree with people who say Amy is "cuter" than Leela. I think that Leela's damn cute.


they certainly created Leela with the bigger "brains" of the two on the show
  ;) .
Y_L_B

Professor
*
« #159 : 08-21-2004 10:40 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Tongue Luck:
Oh, and those are fifteen kinds of awesome, Y_L_B.

Thank you!

If you want to see more, you can click the link in my sig.  :D

[/shameless self-plug]

: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20 Print 
 Topic locked! 
« previous next »
:  

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.273 seconds with 181 queries.