Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Futurama chat

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    General Futurama Forum Category    General Disscussion    Plural of Futurama fans? « previous next »
: Plural of Futurama fans?  (Read 2726 times)
: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
nagrub

Bending Unit
***
« #80 : 01-11-2004 15:15 »

hello fox4eva and welcome to the forum. Please feel free to flame us to hell and insult us for no reason... alternatively you could just go away?
Mouse On Venus

Liquid Emperor
**
« #81 : 01-11-2004 15:16 »

Thanks for acknowledging his presence, nagrub.  :rolleyes:
wookie_57

Crustacean
*
« #82 : 01-11-2004 15:19 »

how about futuramai?
KittinGas

Bending Unit
***
« #83 : 01-11-2004 15:22 »

Futuraminions.
M0le

Space Pope
****
« #84 : 01-11-2004 17:58 »

Futurnatics?
FOX4EVA
Crustacean
*
« #85 : 01-12-2004 07:05 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by nagrub:
hello fox4eva and welcome to the forum. Please feel free to flame us to hell and insult us for no reason... alternatively you could just go away?

how about your general ignorance to anything, your single mindedness, your stupidity, all these are good reasons to "flame" and insult, and I will, till my fingers bleed.
Mouse On Venus

Liquid Emperor
**
« #86 : 01-12-2004 10:29 »

Why stop there?
John C
Starship Captain
****
« #87 : 01-12-2004 10:47 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by FOX4EVA:
 how about your general ignorance to anything, your single mindedness, your stupidity, all these are good reasons to "flame" and insult, and I will, till my fingers bleed.

Insult, and ye shall be insulted.  :nono: Now do tell, did you only come here to harass innocent people?
Uncle Whippity

Crustacean
*
« #88 : 01-12-2004 10:53 »

I like Grunka Lunkas.

'Futurist' reminds me of 80s music fans, although I could never work out what the difference between New Romantics and Futurists were.

Failing that, Nerdlings.

And now - back to the music.
John C
Starship Captain
****
« #89 : 01-12-2004 10:57 »

"Nerdilingers" could work.  ;)
Pikka Bird

Space Pope
****
« #90 : 01-12-2004 10:58 »
« : 01-12-2004 10:58 »

( reply to whippity's post) It has little to do with music as such. Both are directions within art in many forms. Futurists are mostly dealing with the marvels of technology and tend to have a style that is somewhat fast, stylistic and partially geometric (mostly to emphasize movement). New Romantism is not something I have dealt with a lot, but I have a notion that it is nearly the same as romantism. (Not the cuddly, heart-stuff) So it's not really about music, but a style and a feel of art in general. Generally known as "isms" (a pretty dadaistic word if I may say so).
I learned this in Danish, so I'm not sure if my English translation holds up.
Jazzmonkey

Delivery Boy
**
« #91 : 01-12-2004 11:00 »

What about,
A Buncha-Muncha-Chruncha-Futurama-Fans
Maybe    :D
Pikka Bird

Space Pope
****
« #92 : 01-12-2004 11:03 »

Are you sure we won't be in infringement of copyright laws. That's the slogan of Glagnar's Futurama Fan Rinds.
Also, it's just too damn long.
FOX4EVA
Crustacean
*
« #93 : 01-12-2004 11:03 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by John C:
 Insult, and ye shall be insulted.   :nono: Now do tell, did you only come here to harass innocent people?

Where are the insults?

Pikka Bird

Space Pope
****
« #94 : 01-12-2004 11:05 »

is there a wielder of the dreaded Banstick (tm) nearby?...
Uncle Whippity

Crustacean
*
« #95 : 01-12-2004 11:13 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Pikka Bird:
( reply to whippity's post) It has little to do with music as such. Both are directions within art in many forms. Futurists are mostly dealing with the marvels of technology and tend to have a style that is somewhat fast, stylistic and partially geometric (mostly to emphasize movement). New Romantism is not something I have dealt with a lot, but I have a notion that it is nearly the same as romantism. (Not the cuddly, heart-stuff) So it's not really about music, but a style and a feel of art in general. Generally known as "isms" (a pretty dadaistic word if I may say so).
I learned this in Danish, so I'm not sure if my English translation holds up.

I was more thinking about the music fans in the 80s, but now I know what 'Futurism' actually means I'm grateful.

(So many big brains on this forum....)

David A

Space Pope
****
« #96 : 01-12-2004 11:15 »
« : 01-12-2004 11:15 »

Why do I suspect that if we check FOX4EVA's IP we'll find that he's actually Space Potato/spaz_man?    :rolleyes:
Bushmeister

Professor
*
« #97 : 01-12-2004 11:47 »
« : 01-12-2004 11:47 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by FOX4EVA:
 Where are the insults?


Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

Enough with the friendly banter though. Futurefreaks is an interesting name.
David A

Space Pope
****
« #98 : 01-12-2004 12:10 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Bushmeister:
Futurefreaks is an interesting name.

Indeed, let's all name ourselves after Randi's screen name.   :D
FOX4EVA
Crustacean
*
« #99 : 01-12-2004 12:29 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by David A:
Why do I suspect that if we check FOX4EVA's IP we'll find that he's actually Space Potato/spaz_man?     :rolleyes:



I think you will find im a completely new kind of stupid!
Teral

Helpy McHelphelp
DOOP Secretary
*
« #100 : 01-12-2004 15:14 »

People, stop feeding the troll.

Futuramaniacs still sound like the best idea. Although there's a nice ring to FutureFreak, maybe it'll even install a bit of Randi in us all.  ;)
Pikka Bird

Space Pope
****
« #101 : 01-12-2004 15:19 »

Whippity: Yes, the term covers all art (and in some cases the followers/fans). Music is of course included.
hopie4ever

Bending Unit
***
« #102 : 01-15-2004 10:37 »

Coin-a-seurs
aslate

Space Pope
****
« #103 : 01-15-2004 10:47 »

Planet Express Employees?
Professie

Bending Unit
***
« #104 : 01-15-2004 11:44 »

"The Planet Express Crew", Peccers for short.
1 of the gang

Starship Captain
****
« #105 : 01-15-2004 17:52 »

Easy...PEELers!
lol(g'uh!)
Professie

Bending Unit
***
« #106 : 01-16-2004 09:33 »

Not all Futurama fans hang out at PEEL?
boingo2000

Liquid Emperor
**
« #107 : 01-16-2004 09:36 »
« : 01-16-2004 09:36 »

Then they're not going to know whatever term we decide on anyway, so too bad for them!  I say we go with PEELers.
Professie

Bending Unit
***
« #108 : 01-16-2004 10:11 »

Sure, PEELers is good... Almost as good as Peccers.
DogDoo8

Liquid Emperor
**
« #109 : 01-17-2004 03:16 »

 hay i was thinking how about we become

              DOOF

   The Democratic Order Of Futurama

I like it
Professie

Bending Unit
***
« #110 : 01-17-2004 06:05 »

DOOF. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
nerdlingus

Professor
*
« #111 : 03-09-2004 07:42 »
« : 03-09-2004 07:42 »

-Bump-

How about Groenings children.
Coilette

Liquid Emperor
**
« #112 : 03-09-2004 09:13 »

DOOF is a good idea.

3rd Generation Gender Neutral Futurama Fans.
nerdlingus

Professor
*
« #113 : 03-09-2004 09:51 »

Nerdlingus jumps ship

"Yeah DOOF is pretty cool, count me in!"
Bobcat_Z

Delivery Boy
**
« #114 : 03-09-2004 15:24 »

There should be no question about it; we are of course The Fighting Mungoses  ;)
bish

Starship Captain
****
« #115 : 03-09-2004 15:27 »

i agree with everything 1 of the gang said

PEELers we shall forever remain
Y_L_B

Professor
*
« #116 : 03-09-2004 19:27 »
« : 03-09-2004 19:27 »

I like DOOF. LONG LIVE THE DOOF!

But PEEL-ers night not be as good because as someone said before, not all Futurama watchers/worshippers go on PEEL.

   
Quote
Originaly Posted by Bobcat_Z
There should be no question about it; we are of course The Fighting Mungoses    ;)

   :laff: I like that one.   ;)

You do know you spelled "Mongoose" wrong, though.   :)

Watch, I probably spelled it wrong, too...

EDIT: Oh, clool...I spelled it right...
TheLampIncident

Urban Legend
***
« #117 : 03-09-2004 19:36 »

Man, this thread blows.
ActionLaPointe

Starship Captain
****
« #118 : 03-09-2004 20:50 »

i like Futuraminites
or Farnsworthians
fat_boz

Crustacean
*
« #119 : 03-10-2004 10:09 »

new new yorkers?
: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
:  

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.245 seconds with 172 queries.