Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    PE Stockroom    Futurama Comics #33 [May contain spoilers] « previous next »
Author Topic: Futurama Comics #33 [May contain spoilers]  (Read 6480 times)
Pages: 1 [2] Print
RatchetMan

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #40 on: 09-27-2007 20:09 »

I'm really hoping that this one makes up for the poor quality of the last comic.
fryfanSpyOrama

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #41 on: 10-03-2007 18:43 »

I got my copy and it was good.  I also saw the new trailer on the Silver Surfer DVD and episode WMIBACIL.  It's Futurama all day.
psm2201

Crustacean
*
« Reply #42 on: 10-04-2007 18:02 »
« Last Edit on: 10-04-2007 18:02 »

I think that the cover art for this issue is amazing..it's the best so far in my opinion
RatchetMan

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #43 on: 10-06-2007 13:03 »

Oh wow, this one was actually pretty good for a change!
JDB

Professor
*
« Reply #44 on: 10-07-2007 06:52 »

Yeah, I liked this one. It's been the best one for a while actually.

But, did the Donbot seem really off model to anyone else?
RatchetMan

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #45 on: 10-07-2007 11:02 »

He didn't look tragically off-model. Valenti's artwork doesn't match the show exactly, but he has a good style that makes up for it.

Compare it to Cubert in the last issue.
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #46 on: 10-07-2007 15:16 »

Giant Amy = win.
Another Legion cameo = awesome.
ivan_fry

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #47 on: 10-07-2007 20:23 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by RatchetMan:
He didn't look tragically off-model. Valenti's artwork doesn't match the show exactly, but he has a good style that makes up for it.

Compare it to Cubert in the last issue.

Yeah, that Cubert thing is terrible. I actually asked Ian Boothby if he was supposed to be drawn like that, and he actually said he had no idea why Kazaleh made him look like that.
I haven't got this issue yet (should be arriving any day now), but if Valenti's 'Futurama' work is anything like his 'Simpsons' work, then no doubt I'll enjoy it. His work can be off model at times, but rather then ruining the story (like Kazaleh), it actually adds to the cartoony-ness of the comic.

ivan_fry

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #48 on: 10-13-2007 00:16 »

Finally got this issue, and I must say the artwork and story was very refreshing; one of the first times I've laughed really hard at Futurama Comics in a while. Valenti's art was a nice change, and suited the story very well. Boothby's script was fun and brilliantly written; Bongo's doing so well at the moment, all of their September releases were outstanding.
David A

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #49 on: 10-15-2007 00:18 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Kryten:
Another Legion cameo = awesome.

Legion cameo?
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #50 on: 10-15-2007 14:09 »

Yep. Shrinking Violet's at the subatomic cafe.
David A

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #51 on: 10-15-2007 15:04 »

Neat.  Which other issues have Legion cameos?
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #52 on: 10-15-2007 17:49 »

The only other one I spotted was Chameleon Boy in #31.
KurtPikachu2001

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #53 on: 10-18-2007 11:37 »

Finally got my copy.  I got it as I came back from work.  Awesome story as usual.  Loved how Bender started imitating movies as he ingested that DVD, Amy as a giant was cool as well!  It's always cool to see the Robot Mafia in the comics!  Super cool! 
SonicPanther

Professor
*
« Reply #54 on: 10-24-2007 11:11 »

Log, 10/24/07

Dear Log,
I still haven't gotten this damn comic. My local Borders is the only place in a twenty miles radius of my house that sells Futurama Comics, but they decided not to carry it this month and replace it with a Halo 3 spinoff comic. My last hope is  the comic store near my dad's workplace. He says he'll get it there on is way home from work. This is Day #10 of him forgetting.

Tell me, log. Should I beat him with a crowbar?
Love, Alex.
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #55 on: 10-24-2007 14:30 »

Dear Sonic Panther:

I would not advise you to use a crowbar, as it would make him even less likely to remember if you somehow managed to hit his head. Your best bet would be to spike his breakfast burrito with an odorless, tasteless, untraceable poison, then withhold the antidote unless he personally hands you a copy.

Love, Log.

PS: I think your main concern at this point should be that you're asking an inanimate object for advice... and that it's giving you an answer.
winna

Avatar Czar
DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #56 on: 11-02-2007 21:58 »

I'm going go with your Log on this one.  Appeal to your dad's emotional side, eventually he'll give in to his daughter's heart.  We all do.
SonicPanther

Professor
*
« Reply #57 on: 11-03-2007 14:24 »

I got the comic. Thanks, log.

Too bad it sucked. Art was very nice, though.
Frida Waterfall

Professor
*
« Reply #58 on: 11-03-2007 16:16 »

When I briefly scanned the pages in my local Borders, I found two details.
1. Fry seemed smarter than usual. He doesn't seem like he'd win anything at a science fair, except something like a participation award.
2. Fry's and Bender's apartment looked so different in this issue. It was painted in cooler colors and compared to their old one, it was cleaner. Did they get it redone, or was the artist too lazy to draw the yellow pigsty version of their apartment? Maybe something will be shown in the movies to confirm what happened.
ivan_fry

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #59 on: 11-04-2007 05:01 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Frida Waterfall:
When I briefly scanned the pages in my local Borders, I found two details.
1. Fry seemed smarter than usual. He doesn't seem like he'd win anything at a science fair, except something like a participation award.
2. Fry's and Bender's apartment looked so different in this issue. It was painted in cooler colors and compared to their old one, it was cleaner. Did they get it redone, or was the artist too lazy to draw the yellow pigsty version of their apartment? Maybe something will be shown in the movies to confirm what happened.

1. Fry doesn't take part in the science fair; Cubert and Dwight do.
2. The comics are made by totally different people to the show, so the movie (just like the show) will contain no references to the comic books, and the comics will not reference the movies until they are actually released.
Frida Waterfall

Professor
*
« Reply #60 on: 11-04-2007 12:34 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by ivan_fry:
 1. Fry doesn't take part in the science fair; Cubert and Dwight do.
2. The comics are made by totally different people to the show, so the movie (just like the show) will contain no references to the comic books, and the comics will not reference the movies until they are actually released.

1. I was referring to Fry's first science fair that we saw a brief flashback to in one of the first pages. He either won second or third- I just remember his prize was a lousy small drink at a local deli.
2. In other comics, such as "A Fit Worse than Death", "Freaky Fry-day", and even a panel in "Simpsons Futurama Crossover Crisis Part 2" showed their apartment as seen in the show. "A Fit Worse than Death" was done with the most inaccurate and worst artist at Bongo, Mike Kazaleh, but he still managed to get it right.

The comics are still non-canon after the last issue, though.
Xanfor

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #61 on: 11-05-2007 00:11 »

They are, and ever shall be, world without canon.

Amen.

Until Leela properly smiles. To my satisfaction!
ivan_fry

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #62 on: 11-07-2007 01:35 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Frida Waterfall:
 1. I was referring to Fry's first science fair that we saw a brief flashback to in one of the first pages. He either won second or third- I just remember his prize was a lousy small drink at a local deli.
2. In other comics, such as "A Fit Worse than Death", "Freaky Fry-day", and even a panel in "Simpsons Futurama Crossover Crisis Part 2" showed their apartment as seen in the show. "A Fit Worse than Death" was done with the most inaccurate and worst artist at Bongo, Mike Kazaleh, but he still managed to get it right.

The comics are still non-canon after the last issue, though.

1. Ahh, that's right. I totally forgot about that part. Apologies.
2. The art in this issue, as you would already know, was by Carlos Valenti who hasn't done any previous Futurama work. Mike Kazaleh's knowledge of how their apartment looks can be pinned to the fact that he used to be an animator for the series. James Lloyd...well, James Lloyd is just great   smile
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.18 seconds with 17 queries.