Hey Jubei! I am reading your fic right now.
I will give you feedback as soon as I finish reading it.
Ok now it's time for PART 3.
The longest part yet.
Hope you like it.
January 14 3004, Planet Express Ship, in orbit of Trilack 4 (T-minus 10min to landing)
Fry burst through the bridge door.
- (Fry) - Leela! Something weird just happen.
- (Leela) - Yes I know.
- (Fry) - You know? How could you know about my awoken nightmare?
- (Leela) - All I know is that it should be there and it’s not.
- (F) - What my nightmare?
- (L) - NO! Not that, the landing zone is not were it should be and… What are you talking about Fry?
Nibbler hides himself under the weapons console, listening at the conversation.
- (F) - Last night I had a terrible nightmare. I don’t really remember what it was but I remember that you were there and I was too. I think we were being attack by something and…
- (L) - Last night you say?
- (F) - Well when I woke up, you were gone.
- (L) - Fry, somebody has to fly this ship you know, the autopilot can’t do it alone. I had to get up early to check if we were still on course. You’re the one who sleep until halfway in the day.
- (F) - But Leela, what about my…
- (L) - Now listen to me Fry. It’s not the first time you had a nightmare you know. You had at least 2 of them last week and you always woke up shouting my name. You remember?
- (F) - Yeah but those were not that bad.
Nibbler became even more alarm after hearing that Fry had more of these “nightmares”.
- (L) - Look Fry I’m sorry but we have to land, I just found a suitable landing zone.
- (F) - But Leela…
- (L) - Not now Fry please. Looks like I’ll have to land the ship in that electron storm.
Fry did not answer back; he sits in the seat by the weapons console, kicking Nibbler by mistake.
- (Fry) - What are you doing there? Go in your pet bed! You don’t want to disturb captain attitude over there.
Nibbler went in is bed with a sad and disturb look on is face. Leela heard Fry. She was familiar with that type of reaction.
- (Leela’s mind) – I did it again. I’m sorry Fry. As soon as we land, I will take the time to hear what you wanted to tell me. But now I have to land that ship.
Fry was playing with his fingers. The ship was shaking a lot. He looks at Leela, she seems in control of the situation but with her, you never know until it’s too late.
- (Leela) - What the… There’s a lot of turbulence. I hope that it is calmer on the surface.
- (Fry) - Need any help?
- (Leela) - Yes, could you keep an eye on the energy flux gauge? Just to be sure we don’t run into a neutron cloud.
- (Fry) -Yes captain!
- (Fry’s mind) - Here we go again. Yet another suicide delivery mission… Why do we always get those types of deliveries anyway…?
Jan 12, 3004 New New York, Planet Express Building, meeting room
- (Hermes) - So after researching on the matter, I concluded that the only way to save on maintenance cost was to cut on some other expense. I decided to cut the salary of Dr. Zoidberg.
- (Zoidberg) - Awwwww! Why me? What did I do to you my friend?
- (Hermes) - Well fist you came to Earth, second you started working here, third you…
Hermes was cut off by the sound of a door closing.
- (Professor) - Good news everyone! I…
- (Leela) - Professor?!? How can you be there… and there?
Leela was pointing at the professor by the door and at the professor in is seat.
- (Professor) - Oh that… It’s just a holographic image of me that I created a while ago. I must have left it on.
- (Fry) - What is it for?
- (Professor) - I used it during the time I used to work at Mom’s Friendly Robot Comp. That way I was able to receive over-time pay without actually working late. Those were the days…
- (Zoidberg) - But why did you turn it on on the first place?
- (Professor) - Turn what on? Btw that remind me, you have an urgent delivery today.
- (Leela) - To where?
- (Professor) - Oh it’s just a simple delivery to Trilack 4.
- (Hermes) - Trilack 4! But that is…
- (Professor) - Yes, the dark planet of doom! But don’t worry, they say it’s quite nice this time of year. You should find it quite… Oh my! Looks like I left my Holographic me on.
- (Fry) - Wait a sec. Professor? When you say the dark planet of doom, you mean…
Amy burst in the room holding one of Bender’s arms.
- (Amy) - Professor, Leela, Fry… Bender has been turned off by the Robot Mafia!
- (Fry&Leela) - What?!?
- (Professor) - Sweet zombie Jesus!
- (Zoidberg) - No! Not my best friend the “robut”!
- (Hermes) - By the ghost of Bob Marley!
A violent hit on the side of the ship send Fry fling thru the air. Red light were flashing, the emergency alarm was ringing. Leela was struggling to keep control of the ship.
- (Fry) - What was that?
- (Leela) - I don’t know! Something hit us hard. Fry check the damage read out and tell me if everything is ok.
- (Fry) - Ok… Leela… Looks like we have a hull breach in the engine room and we are down to 77% engine power. No scratch that we are now at 64% engine power. No now it’s 58%... Wait now it’s 51%...
- (Leela) - Shut up Fry, I get the idea. Let’s just hope we can land safely and repair the ship so we can return home.
The light were dimming, the sound of bending metal was intolerable. Through the front window, all they saw was the ground coming at them.
- (Leela) - Philip… I love you. Please hold on tight.
The sound of is first name made Fry’s heart skip a beat. Leela never call him by his first name unless she wants to make a point. He straps himself in his seat and looks at her. Her face was white like snow; a small drop of blood was running on her lips, she must have bitten them during the hit. She turns her head his way and he saw tears on her cheeks.
- (Fry) - Leela, I love you too! I…
The ship crashes on the ground hard. Luckily, the soft and muddy surface of the land made the ship slide and it stop half a mile away from the impact zone.
A few minutes later...
- (Leela) - Fry please wake up. Are you okay?
Fry opens his eyes. He saw an angel of light in front of him.
- (Fry) - Am I dead? Are you an angel?
- (Leela) - What! Wake up you dummy we made it.
- (Fry) - Leela!?! You’re ok. So I was right, I really saw an angel in the light.
She turns around and saw the light of the rising sun.
- (Leela) - Hum cute! (She gives him a long kiss) Now help me check the damage on the ship.
- (Fry) - Yes captain.
In a dark and gloomy cave, deep inside the dark planet, a shadowy figure is setting up a communication device.
- (Deep voice) - Yes?
- (Old voice) - They are here my Lord.
- (Deep voice) - Good. Did you disable their ship?
- (Old voice) - Yes my Lord. Their engine where disable and they crash landed on our dark planet.
- (Deep voice) – Excellent! You may continue with the operation.
- (Old voice) - Has you wish my Lord.
- (Deep voice) - Soon… Soon you will regret ever trying to stop us Mr. Philip J. Fry.
One hour later on the Planet Express Ship.
- (Leela) - Well, that’s not looking good.
- (Fry) - Are we bone?
- (Leela) – Well… Not really. I can fix the hull easily but the central command panel that was hit in the storm is toast. It will take at least 3 to 4 hours to fix it. Thank God, the main drive is okay. Only the Professor and Cubert can fix that part.
- (Fry) – You’re the captain Leela. Just tell me what to do to help you out.
- (L) - Actually, I would like to know about that nightmare you had.
- (F) - Really? But I thought you did not want me to bother you with it.
- (L) - Fry, I know I was a little rude earlier. But those nightmares seem to trouble you a lot. So tell me all about it.
- (F) - Okay. Well you see there was this…
Fry told her everything about his dream. About the blood, the shadowy figures and the screams. He told her about the dream he had while walking to the bridge. He told her that he never had nightmare that look so reel before.
- (Fry) - …and that’s about it Leela.
Nibbler did not miss anything of that conversation. Hiding in a corner, he begins to worry for the “ONE”.
- (Leela) - Okay… Fry, I don’t think that those were nightmares. I think you had some sort of visions.
- (Fry) - Cool! So maybe I got some super powers like those X-Dudes or that human-spider guy or…
- (Leela) - Ok Fry that enough. Lots of peoples have visions now. But since were not sure what you’re experiencing, once we return home, you’ll go see a doctor.
- (F) - Okay Leela, I’ll go see a doctor.
- (L) - A real doctor Fry; I don’t want you to see Zoidberg again.
- (F) - Don’t worry Leela; I don’t want to be cut in pieces again.
2 hours later
- (Leela) - Well it went faster that I expected. Were back at 92% engine power witch is acceptable.
- (Fry) - Hey, I was there to help. That’s why it went so fast.
- (Leela) - Yeah! Yeah! Come on Fry, we have a delivery to make.
- (Fry) - Oh yeah the delivery. I forgot about it.
- (L) - Fry are you sure you’re ok to do the delivery.
- (F) - Leela please, I think I can manage this simple “little” package by myself.
Fry use the electromagnet to lift the “little 500lbs” package on the hover dolly.
- (L) - Look just to be sure, I’ll go with you.
- (F) - Gee thanks Leela but no thanks. I’m the delivery boy. I’m responsible for the delivery.
- (L) - Ok then, I’m the captain. I’m responsible for my crew safety. So I’m coming.
- (Leela’s mind) - Better take this just in case. (She put her mini laser gun in her boot.)
- (Leela) - Now come on Fry, hurry up before the sun set.
- (Fry) - Ok, ok. Gees Leela cut the captain crap will ya…
Their voices got lost in the wind. Nibbler was watching them from the front window, pushing the package away.
- (Lord Nibbler) - Now it is confirmed. The chosen ONE is starting to have his own visions of the future. I must contact the elders. Time has come for him to prove is worth again.
I am now working on part 4 (will be a dark part)
Please leave me feedback if you read my fic.
Bye for now.
Edit: I changed some words and also did a small rewrite, did some editing and corrected some spelling and grammar mistakes.