Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    Human Resource Department    head in a jar « previous next »
Author Topic: head in a jar  (Read 2817 times)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
darthgy

Bending Unit
***
« on: 06-25-2001 02:43 »

which persons head should be put in a jar to be conserved for the future?

i hope someone took frank sinatras head!!!!! good ol' blue eyes in a jar that's what i call style (and i also hope someone took dean martins and sammy davies' jrs. head).
rach_the_tall

Space Pope
****
« Reply #1 on: 06-25-2001 10:50 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by darthgy:
which persons head should be put in a jar to be conserved for the future?

i hope someone took frank sinatras head!!!!! good ol' blue eyes in a jar that's what i call style (and i also hope someone took dean martins and sammy davies' jrs. head).
well douglas adams' head. And bon scotts. We need more grown men dressing up as schoolboys and producing fabulous music from australia.
]PaulFSAC[

Professor
*
« Reply #2 on: 06-25-2001 19:03 »

Isaac Asimov's should be in a jar.  He created the 3(4) Laws Of Robotics, that Bender doesn't seem to follow, much!

Click me!
                                                                                     
Thanks To Daniela for the new block.
FSAC is not just about my art, it's for the fans, any art or fictions will be gratefully received.  I'm not going to go on forever, so if I stop, then without support the site would stop, wish will be a great shame, since it seems to have some popularity

RETIRED AVATAR KING - hopefully custom rank will return one day
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #3 on: 06-25-2001 22:49 »

Phil Hartman. That way, he could've done Zapp's voice, as God intended...

  cry   cry   cry

futurefreak

salutatory committee member
Moderator
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #4 on: 08-12-2001 00:24 »

*comforts Kryten* we all feel terrible that hes not around to do his voice Kryten  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry  cry
mofo37

Crustacean
*
« Reply #5 on: 08-12-2001 00:45 »

Jack Lemmon and Walter Mattheau.  Imagine it: Odd Couple 3: Fussy, neat-freak Felix gets divorced and must leave his jar and move into his friend's jar, already occupied buy the slob Oscar.  Zany 31st century comedy at its finest!  Also Stanley Kubrick; who else will make absolutely fabulous, rather artsy movies warning us of humanities faults and how they will affect the future in the uhh... future.

P.S. Phil Hartman rocked liek Kwanzaa!  I'm sure heaven got a f*** of a lot funnier when he got there.
BucketHat

Crustacean
*
« Reply #6 on: 08-13-2001 12:29 »
« Last Edit on: 08-13-2001 12:29 by VelourFog »

I miss Hartman.  frown He rocked, and was a great comedian...

Now, who to put in a jar? Groening, of course! And maybe Letterman.

*fixed smiley*
Hitchhiker

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #7 on: 08-13-2001 12:40 »

Douglas Adams, Stanley Kubrick, Woody Allen, Groucho Marx (even though his head should be hard to get), Bret Easton Ellis, Terry Pratchett, and all our heads! Think of PEEL in 31st century...  big grin
DZA

Crustacean
*
« Reply #8 on: 08-13-2001 13:13 »
« Last Edit on: 08-13-2001 13:13 »

Mulder & Scully from X-files would have a frenzy! THINK of the possibilities!! besides that I'd like to see Mr. Burns from the Simpsons in a jar + of course Michael Jackson - probablyon top of a Diana Ross-bot...
An All-star basketball game between the globetrotters and M.Jordan and friends (jar-heads of course...)! globetrotters smashing jars ... he he heee...  evil laugh
darthgy

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #9 on: 08-14-2001 15:28 »

what about jar-jar bings?
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #10 on: 08-14-2001 16:11 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by darthgy:
what about jar-jar bings?

Don't even JOKE about that.  puke

[-mArc-]

Administrator
Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #11 on: 08-14-2001 16:23 »
« Last Edit on: 08-14-2001 16:23 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by BucketHat:
Now, who to put in a jar? Groening, of course!
wasnt groening in the headmuseum in season 1 episode 1 ?


Chump

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #12 on: 08-14-2001 17:06 »

yes he was, he was beside where fry and bender were hiding to the best of their ability...
hehe
BenderHookah

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #13 on: 08-14-2001 17:09 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by [-mArc-]:
wasnt groening in the headmuseum in season 1 episode 1 ?

yeah he was.....i guess...in my opinion klaus kinski's head should be put in a jar...everybody should see his face...

  evil laugh

Am I preachin' to you, when you're lying stoned in the gutter?  up yours
diagnostic

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #14 on: 08-14-2001 17:20 »

I would hate to be a head in a jar it would be so boring and i wouldnt fancy floating in water and being fed fishfood for the rest of my life( however long severed heads live for)  no no

"your son is a very sick boy. Just look at these X-rays! you see that dark spot there? Whiplash, and that smudge here that looks like my fingerprint? No. Thats trauma"
FishyJoe

Honorary German
Urban Legend
***
« Reply #15 on: 08-14-2001 20:53 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by [-mArc-]:
wasnt groening in the headmuseum in season 1 episode 1 ?

For that matter, so was Jar Jar Binks(at the Oscars in That's Lobstertainment).

Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #16 on: 08-14-2001 21:21 »

In "Raging Bender", one of the movies playing at the Alephplex was "My Dinner with Jar Jar".

Motts

Crustacean
*
« Reply #17 on: 08-15-2001 11:26 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Hitchhiker:
Douglas Adams, Stanley Kubrick, Woody Allen, Groucho Marx (even though his head should be hard to get), Bret Easton Ellis, Terry Pratchett, and all our heads! Think of PEEL in 31st century...   big grin



YEAH! Preserve Terry Pratchett's head!
  big grin

Soldier, you have the courage of a hero; and breath as fresh as summer ham.
FishyJoe

Honorary German
Urban Legend
***
« Reply #18 on: 08-15-2001 20:40 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Kryten:
In "Raging Bender", one of the movies playing at the Alephplex was "My Dinner with Jar Jar".

Oye...first you say happy birthday to me even though it's Rach's birthday, and now this. You are one crazy mixed up guy. "My Dinner With Jar Jar" was from a Simpsons episode. I think it's from the Tomacco episode, when they go to see the Zorro movie, but I could be wrong.

iliketowankalot

Professor
*
« Reply #19 on: 08-15-2001 21:21 »

Kryten is getting on a bit its not surprising that he is going a bit senile and going through menopause.
I think I see some kids on your lawn Kryten.
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #20 on: 08-15-2001 23:16 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by iliketowankalot:
Kryten is getting on a bit its not surprising that he is going a bit senile and going through menopause.
I think I see some kids on your lawn Kryten.

What? Pesky kids, I'll give 'em what for...
/me grabs cane

Nixorbo

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #21 on: 08-16-2001 01:16 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by FishyJoe:
I think it's from the Tomacco episode, when they go to see the Zorro movie, but I could be wrong.


I think so too

I have a thousand years of power.
"NOOOOO HE WAS MY BROTHER!" and then got tired and slept.


"He has the special talent, though, of being able to help people and make them feel utterly stupid all at the same time. ... In short, he's a great moderator, but a terrible human being."
-SlackJawedMoron
darthgy

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #22 on: 08-16-2001 04:14 »

i don't want to be a head in a jar....you cannot scratch your balls (you haven't any) and i don't like fishfood   puke . i want to be frozen just like fry, you will wake up with your entire body!!!!

   

I drink to make other people interesting! - Groucho Marx
BucketHat

Crustacean
*
« Reply #23 on: 08-16-2001 11:35 »

Yeah, being a head in a jar would suck...but then again, is it my imagination or are those heads immortal? At least while they're in their jar, that is.

Random thought: What does fish food taste like? Anyone here actually tried it?  tongue

On my first day of summer vacation, I woke up.
FishyJoe

Honorary German
Urban Legend
***
« Reply #24 on: 08-16-2001 13:55 »

Note to self: kill Nixorbo for mocking my boldface type.

Other news--what is the purpose of the jar/solution stuff? Is that what keeps the heads alive? Or does it just keep them from aging/decomposing? How do they breath in it? Are celebrities given gills when they die?

We've seen heads out of their jars...how long can they live like that? The jar seems kind of cramped...why don't they live outside of the jar, where they can roll around where ever  and whenever they want? Or at least live in a big aqaurium type thing? They are rich millionaire celebrities, they should be able to afford it.

KENNEDY

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #25 on: 08-16-2001 14:03 »

i though id raise this question:

how did nixon get to the pawn shop to buy benders body and for that matter how did he pay for it?
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #26 on: 08-16-2001 14:08 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by KENNEDY:
i though id raise this question:

how did nixon get to the pawn shop to buy benders body and for that matter how did he pay for it?

1: His stooge brought him there, and 2: He still had residuals left over from "Nixon Sings the Blues".

KENNEDY

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #27 on: 08-16-2001 14:28 »

ok hows this if fry was full body frozen in 1999 then why couldnt any of the guys in the head museum do that when they died?
Hitchhiker

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #28 on: 08-16-2001 14:56 »

I think because there were only three of the freeze-machines, and most of the guys you see died *after* Fry was frozen and forgotten. Oh, and the aliens destroyed New York two times, so it's also a miracle how all those 20th century stars could survive...
KENNEDY

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #29 on: 08-16-2001 15:07 »

how did frys machine survive 2 alien attacks?
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #30 on: 08-16-2001 15:14 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by KENNEDY:
how did frys machine survive 2 alien attacks?

I already told you, WIZARD!

KENNEDY

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #31 on: 08-16-2001 15:32 »

you mean when you you see something like that a wizard did it?
sHad0w

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #32 on: 08-16-2001 17:26 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by FishyJoe:
Note to self: kill Nixorbo for mocking my boldface type.

Other news--what is the purpose of the jar/solution stuff? Is that what keeps the heads alive? Or does it just keep them from aging/decomposing? How do they breath in it? Are celebrities given gills when they die?

We've seen heads out of their jars...how long can they live like that? The jar seems kind of cramped...why don't they live outside of the jar, where they can roll around where ever  and whenever they want? Or at least live in a big aqaurium type thing? They are rich millionaire celebrities, they should be able to afford it.



And why all all of them as old as they are now? pamela's head looks just like it does today, so does Lucy Liu's, and Nixon and Groening and so on and so on.. that means their heads were put in jars in... well... now!


  confused   confused   confused
KENNEDY

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #33 on: 08-16-2001 17:30 »

hmm. maybe they all die soon.

that didnt make any sense did it?
Nixorbo

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #34 on: 08-17-2001 01:21 »

Kennedy, stop asking "weird scenes" questions in the character forum.

 
Quote
How did Fry's machine survive 2 alien attacks?

Look here
darthgy

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #35 on: 08-17-2001 01:54 »

if your head is removed from your body are you still alive and breathing?
what kind of thing is this that is fixed around your neck?
how in the name of all gods was it possible to keep all the presidents heads in a jar (wasn't there abe lincoln too)?
  confused questions, questions, questions......

   

I drink to make other people interesting! - Groucho Marx
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #36 on: 08-17-2001 11:38 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by darthgy:
if your head is removed from your body are you still alive and breathing?
what kind of thing is this that is fixed around your neck?
how in the name of all gods was it possible to keep all the presidents heads in a jar (wasn't there abe lincoln too)?
   confused questions, questions, questions......


More importantly, how did they manage to get TWO Grover Clevelands?

(Yeah, I get the joke.)

Marcet_Kroker

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #37 on: 08-17-2001 14:46 »

The future is full of surprises...
Thomas

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #38 on: 08-18-2001 14:07 »
« Last Edit on: 08-18-2001 14:07 »

It's not really amazing how they got Groenings head to look like it does now andthe other modern ones but how they got people like George Washington to have they're heads in jars when they are decomposed and in graves.
darthgy

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #39 on: 08-21-2001 02:35 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Thomas:
It's not really amazing how they got Groenings head to look like it does now andthe other modern ones but how they got people like George Washington to have they're heads in jars when they are decomposed and in graves.

hmmmm, maybe they invented a time-machine and got back just the minute the person is about to die...and they saw the head off with a laser-scalpell....or lets just say we don't know...or just wizard!!!!


   

I drink to make other people interesting! - Groucho Marx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.131 seconds with 18 queries.