Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Futurama chat

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    Off Topic    It's got a TV!    Eastenders « previous next »
: Eastenders  (Read 1199 times)
: [1] Print
Juliet

DOOP Secretary
*
« : 01-28-2003 13:37 »

how a bout we talk about this programme and about what's been happening with the characters.

they never liked that Laura. Ali and a big fan of the slaters,especially Kat and Zoe. I love Alfie,
Tweek

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« #1 : 01-29-2003 05:08 »

I watched a few episodes back in the eighties and decided it wasn't for me, I avoid all soaps except The Archers, but that doesn't count because it is on the radio  :p
MelBee

Professor
*
« #2 : 01-29-2003 05:35 »
« : 01-30-2003 23:00 by Nixorbo »

come on people, Eastenders really isn't that bad.
Zed 85

Space Pope
****
« #3 : 01-29-2003 16:25 »
« : 01-30-2003 23:00 by Nixorbo »

As far as Soaps go, Neighbours is fun, but most urban set British Soaps are just far too depressing. I mean, do you ever really notice a blue sky in Albert Square often anyway? It's always drab and overcast (okay, so maybe it's a realistic depiction...) so everyone is also drab and overcast (okay, maybe it is a realistic depiction...)
But it's not for me. I care not for it.
aslate

Space Pope
****
« #4 : 01-29-2003 16:26 »
« : 01-30-2003 23:00 by Nixorbo »

Eastenders is boring, it's stupid, totally ab-normal and not interesting. It's always a relationship, one in trouble, shouting, bitching, someone dies, someone leaves, someone new fills spot and of course affairs.
Impossible

Urban Legend
***
« #5 : 01-30-2003 13:19 »

I've been watching Eastenders since about 1995. I can't believe I've been addicted to it for that long. My mum has been watching Coronation Street since it started in the 60s. I get addicted to TV shows too easily.
Juliet

DOOP Secretary
*
« #6 : 01-30-2003 13:25 »

I watch it somtimes but I keep on missing the episodes. Poor Mark.  :(
Impossible

Urban Legend
***
« #7 : 01-30-2003 13:32 »

We got to watch Eastenders in R.E as we were learning about the rights and wrongs of euthanasia, but yet we also got to watch The Simpsons.
Otis P Jivefunk

DOOP Secretary
*
« #8 : 01-30-2003 16:53 »
« : 01-30-2003 16:53 »

I hate Eastenders, it's so depressing, and dull, and boring IMO. I'm not someone who hates all soaps, I like Neighbbours, and like Zed said it's fun    :) But I don't enjoy watching people argueing themselves to death, and being bored and depressed, so I don't watch Eastenders. And just because the mojority of the world doesn't like Eastenders, it doesn't mean they're losers.
BarneyBurnham

Bending Unit
***
« #9 : 01-30-2003 16:59 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Impossible:
We got to watch Eastenders in R.E as we were learning about the rights and wrongs of euthanasia, but yet we also got to watch The Simpsons.

What is this - school or summer camp?
Nixorbo

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« #10 : 01-31-2003 01:00 »
« : 01-31-2003 01:00 »



Thread cleaned, almost if not all asshat behavior deleted.

Also,

 
Quote
Originally posted by Kryten:
Nurdbot, SHUT UP.
iliketowankalot

Professor
*
« #11 : 01-31-2003 04:01 »

I don't know why most of this thread needed to be deleted, just because some people said they didn't like soaps.
You're taking your hole moderation job to seriously nix, moderate with moderation
Nixorbo

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« #12 : 01-31-2003 07:49 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by iliketowankalot:
hole moderation

::Suddenly remembers the term "modsterbate"::
Archie2K

Space Pope
****
« #13 : 01-31-2003 12:01 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Otis P Jivefunk:
I hate Eastenders, it's so depressing, and dull, and boring IMO. I'm not someone who hates all soaps, I like Neighbbours, and like Zed said it's fun     :) But I don't enjoy watching people argueing themselves to death, and being bored and depressed, so I don't watch Eastenders. And just because the mojority of the world doesn't like Eastenders, it doesn't mean they're losers.

This pretty much sums up my feelings actually...
I've been watching Coronation Street, on and off, for about 6 years now... it became really crappy about a year back, but has improved unmeasurably since then.
Neighbours is on at the wrong time for me, but I still watch it if I'm at home then... is Australia really full of such cute girls?   :flirt:
Impossible

Urban Legend
***
« #14 : 01-31-2003 12:34 »

One thing which happens every year in every soap is that someone dies at around Christmas time.
e.g:
Eastenders = Jamie knocked down by car, died later on. Meanwhile his uncle (I think) got married.
Coronation Street = Umm....that murderer?
Smitty

Professor
*
« #15 : 01-31-2003 12:34 »
« : 01-31-2003 12:34 »

I've never missed an episode of EE since about 1996 but it hasn't really been the same since Grunt left. And it's always frightened me how they all get into relationships with each other and completely disregard that they are nearly all related to each other.

EDIT:
 
Quote
Eastenders = Jamie knocked down by car, died later on. Meanwhile his uncle (I think) got married.

Yup that's right, Billy is (was) Jamie's uncle. His brother was Peggy's late husband Eric.
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #16 : 03-15-2003 09:55 »

Now that I've read these I've got the Eastenders tune in my head!
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #17 : 03-15-2003 12:13 »

Did anyone see the Comic Relief special episode?
Juliet

DOOP Secretary
*
« #18 : 03-15-2003 12:39 »
« : 03-15-2003 12:39 »

Yep and I thought it was really funny. I think Phil was so funny in that very blonde wig. When I saw him I was laughing out lound. Gary's New job  by having a shag waggon was just so funny and I just love the line from Lin and Sam....

Sam: Morning Lin
Lin: Moring Sam what can I get you?
Sam: I have a cup of tea and I'm thinking of having a baby.
Lin: Awww and you like Gary to do the on the honers?
Sam: Yes please

Lin looks at Gary's diary

Lin: Oh I'm so sorry, he very busy at the moment. He got Pauline then he moving on to Pat.

***************
Martin: Sorry I got to go, prison disco is about to start.
***************
Antony and Nan Mo embrace with a kiss
***************
Singing in the rain musical number

Top
aslate

Space Pope
****
« #19 : 03-15-2003 12:41 »

Right, they're killing off/killed off a character recently, have/aren't they. This is just to compete with the other soap with all the killing and death in, isn't it.
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #20 : 03-15-2003 12:42 »

Well, on Monday Roy is dead completely and roomers that Patrick Truemen is leaving. Also the Laura's Baby isn't Gary's!
Juliet

DOOP Secretary
*
« #21 : 03-15-2003 12:43 »

What do you  mean?
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #22 : 03-15-2003 12:44 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by aslate:
Right, they're killing off/killed off a character recently, have/aren't they. This is just to compete with the other soap with all the killing and death in, isn't it.

Tht is ture completly. It wouldn't be soaps without it!
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #23 : 03-15-2003 12:45 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Juliet:
What do you  mean?

The baby is Black!
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #24 : 03-15-2003 12:47 »
« : 03-15-2003 12:47 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Juliet:
Yep and I thought it was really funny. I think Phil was so funny in that very blonde wig. When I saw him I was laughing out lound. Gary's New job  by having a shag waggon was just so funny and I just love the line from Lin and Sam....

Sam: Morning Lin
Lin: Moring Sam what can I get you?
Sam: I have a cup of tea and I'm thinking of having a baby.
Lin: Awww and you like Gary to do the on the honers?
Sam: Yes please

Lin looks at Gary's diary

Lin: Oh I'm so sorry, he very busy at the moment. He got Pauline then he moving on to Pat.

***************
Martin: Sorry I got to go, prison disco is about to start.
***************
Antony and Nan Mo embrace with a kiss
***************
Singing in the rain musical number

Top


Linn and Sam part was one of the best bits. Juliet.. I taped it! I know it was going to be funny!
Juliet

DOOP Secretary
*
« #25 : 03-15-2003 12:48 »

It's not Anthony's and Paul's I hope!!!
aslate

Space Pope
****
« #26 : 03-15-2003 12:51 »

Lee, stop with the double/triple posting, you do it all the time, you can do multiple quotes in a post easily, either manually copy and paste and the in the
Quote
things or click quote, copy, paste in the reply box and repeat to all those you want to post.
Also, when they need viewers they just kill/add a new character, it's boring!
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #27 : 03-15-2003 12:51 »
« : 03-15-2003 12:51 »

Sorry Juliet, I cannot say!
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #28 : 03-15-2003 16:03 »

Well... I could tell you....
Smitty

Professor
*
« #29 : 03-15-2003 16:15 »

Its that new woman in charge of the show that's killing everyone off. I'm glad they got rid of Mark though.
Lee Roberts

Liquid Emperor
**
« #30 : 03-15-2003 17:42 »

Dame that new women!
: [1] Print 
« previous next »
:  

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.282 seconds with 154 queries.