Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    General Futurama Forum Category    Human Resource Department    Which character would you most like to see happily married? « previous next »
Author Topic: Which character would you most like to see happily married?  (Read 3404 times)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
PEE Poll: Which character would you most like to see happily married?
Amy Wong   -7 (11.7%)
Philip J Fry   -12 (20%)
Turonga Leela   -23 (38.3%)
Elzar   -1 (1.7%)
Zapp Brannigan   -5 (8.3%)
Mom   -2 (3.3%)
Cubert J Farnsworth   -2 (3.3%)
The Crushinator   -3 (5%)
The Slurm Queen   -2 (3.3%)
The Hyper-chicken   -3 (5%)
Total Members Voted: 59

Langly
Starship Captain
****
« Reply #40 on: 04-26-2002 05:31 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Chrissy:
I want that Leela or Amy Wong should get married with someone, but who...?   :confused: ...!   :)

Bu tthen they qould be no other relations for them, unless they cheat.

TOPD
PCC Fred

Space Pope
****
« Reply #41 on: 04-26-2002 06:13 »

Leela & Fry!
Koekwaus

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #42 on: 04-27-2002 00:34 »

Leela with Fry
And Amy with Kiff ofcourse  :)
RobinL

Crustacean
*
« Reply #43 on: 04-27-2002 03:28 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by rach_the_tall:
Leela, the obvious choice, I should think. With fry. Permanently.

as much as it sounds good, I reckon it'd ruin the show...

Ben

Space Pope
****
« Reply #44 on: 04-27-2002 03:33 »

Leela & Amy.

It is the 31st century...
iliketowankalot

Professor
*
« Reply #45 on: 04-27-2002 17:29 »
« Last Edit on: 04-27-2002 22:00 by Nixorbo »

yeah, there should be an Amy/Leela avatar like this one only better drawn


 http://www.geocities.com/homer3002/leelamy3.JPG

A) It's geocities.  I thought we'd gone through this.

B)  http://http://?   What were you doing, wanking at the same time?
[/i]
Nixorbo

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #46 on: 04-27-2002 22:05 »

You're right, that red X is rather poorly drawn
Koekwaus

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #47 on: 04-28-2002 01:46 »

Nah, i think if Amy and Leela were to get something, you might as well let Zapp and kiff have something...  :D
Tzlk
Professor
*
« Reply #48 on: 04-28-2002 02:08 »

shit man...the hyperchicken!! that would be awesome!!!  That would be so great!!
Lesotho_Leela

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #49 on: 04-28-2002 02:55 »

Ok.... Leela should never be wed, and Amy... well she loves Kif, doesnt she?
BumbleBeeTheta

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #50 on: 04-28-2002 12:06 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Lesotho_Leela:
Ok.... Leela should never be wed, and Amy... well she loves Kif, doesnt she?
Aw.  I think deep down, Leela wants to get married and have a family.  That's just how I figured she felt since she didn't have a family up til "Leela's Homeworld".

Nixorbo

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #51 on: 04-28-2002 12:27 »

Which is why she fell for Adlai so fast
BumbleBeeTheta

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #52 on: 04-28-2002 13:08 »

Precisely.  :)
Erdrik

Professor
*
« Reply #53 on: 04-29-2002 13:10 »
« Last Edit on: 04-29-2002 13:10 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Lesotho_Leela:
Ok.... Leela should never be wed, ... snip...

/me stares red hot daggers at Lesotho_Leela.

Are you stark raving Mad?!!   :mad:
Why in the name of whats-a-jigger would you say some thing like that?! Leela should be wed. Damn! Thats so ruthless! Saying one shouldn't find love, pff! Fooie on you!
FOoOoIE on Yoou!!   :mad:
bleh ok I'm done.   :p still You shouldn't say things like that...

OT: Leela should get with Fry. Not only is Leela the only thing he seems to care about for a lengthy amount of time, but he also happens to be the only decent guy in Leela's life. She's been all over the universe and everytime she find a jerk. Fry is defenitly not perfect(far from it) but he has everything she really needs.
Oh just an observation:
In TKOS Fry actualy successfuly won Leela's heart. He's just the only one that knows what he did to do it. So in my eyes, the question has already been answered. Leela Loves Fry, And Fry Loves Leela. Fry just needs to find another way to bring those emotions in Leela to the surface.
BumbleBeeTheta

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #54 on: 04-29-2002 18:03 »

I like this guy.  Can I vote for him when I turn eighteen?  :D   :p
Erdrik

Professor
*
« Reply #55 on: 04-29-2002 21:34 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by BumbleBeeTheta:
I like this guy.  Can I vote for him when I turn eighteen?   :D    :p

Wha, huh? who me??

Ben

Space Pope
****
« Reply #56 on: 04-29-2002 22:35 »

These are animated characters people. Stop getting so fired up over whether they get together. Personally I don't care either way, as long as the show is still funny and enjoyable. But at the moment I am yet to hear a persuasive argument that says the show would be as good or better if Leela and Fry got together (or even married, which frankly is a ridiculous idea).
BumbleBeeTheta

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #57 on: 04-29-2002 22:59 »

I think that with the talented writers Futurama has, they could easily pull it off.  But really, do you prefer things the way they are now with Fry consistantly swooning over Leela?  And don't say they should remove that aspect.  That'd be like saying, "Okay.  Crichton doesn't love Aeryn anymore."  We all know it ain't gonna happen.
Erdrik

Professor
*
« Reply #58 on: 04-29-2002 23:10 »
« Last Edit on: 04-29-2002 23:10 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Ben:
These are animated characters people. Stop getting so fired up over whether they get together. Personally I don't care either way, as long as the show is still funny and enjoyable. But at the moment I am yet to hear a persuasive argument that says the show would be as good or better if Leela and Fry got together (or even married, which frankly is a ridiculous idea).

OO HO HO HOO! Now you done brought the fire down baby!
[Rant Rant Rant]
Who gives a rats ass if there animated! Its all 2d images on the friggin' screen!
Whether it be Friends, ER, Futurama, Simpsons, Dharma & Greg, Hey Arnold!, Lexx, PowerPuff Girls, or Celebrity DeathMatch They are ALL nothing more than 2d images floating on a flat screen! The only thing that gives them meaning is the plot and story behind them! Fantisizing about Leela is no better or worse than Fantasizing about Leeloo from The Fifth Element, or any other "Real Life" acted character.
Fact of the matter is that these otherwise meaningless images portray the thoughts/Ideas/Dreams/Concepts/Theories/ect/ect of different people throughout the world to be shared with people of like minds. So whether it animated or not its still just the representation of an idea or dream. And I dunno about you but dreaming about Love and Romance is a good thing!
Have you ever heard of 'Boy Meets World'?
or how about the Monica/Chandler relationship? I dunno about you but not only do I find them romantic, but damn funny as hell, Damnit!! Then there is Homer/Marge! Dharma/Greg, ect... there are tons af shows out there that prove that relationships on the show can and are funny! I mean think about it! If a relationship wasn't entertaining, why the hell would anyone want to be in one!?
[/Rant Rant Rant]

Bah.. forget it Im done   :p
OT: I think Amy and Kif also make a good couple and should get together. Though I am a bit curious as to how exactly Kif would 'get it on' with Amy....
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #59 on: 04-29-2002 23:15 »

Oh leave Ben alone. He just has sand in his vagina.
Ben

Space Pope
****
« Reply #60 on: 04-29-2002 23:19 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Erdrik:
  OO HO HO HOO! Now you done brought the fire down baby!
[Rant Rant Rant]
Who gives a rats ass if there animated! Its all 2d images on the friggin' screen!
Whether it be Friends, ER, Futurama, Simpsons, Dharma & Greg, Hey Arnold!, Lexx, PowerPuff Girls, or Celebrity DeathMatch They are ALL nothing more than 2d images floating on a flat screen! The only thing that gives them meaning is the plot and story behind them! Fantisizing about Leela is no better or worse than Fantasizing about Leeloo from The Fifth Element, or any other "Real Life" acted character.
Fact of the matter is that these otherwise meaningless images portray the thoughts/Ideas/Dreams/Concepts/Theories/ect/ect of different people throughout the world to be shared with people of like minds. So whether it animated or not its still just the representation of an idea or dream. And I dunno about you but dreaming about Love and Romance is a good thing!
Have you ever heard of 'Boy Meets World'?
or how about the Monica/Chandler relationship? I dunno about you but not only do I find them romantic, but damn funny as hell, Damnit!! Then there is Homer/Marge! Dharma/Greg, ect... there are tons af shows out there that prove that relationships on the show can and are funny! I mean think about it! If a relationship wasn't entertaining, why the hell would anyone want to be in one!?
[/Rant Rant Rant]

Bah.. forget it Im done    :p
OT: I think Amy and Kif also make a good couple and should get together. Though I am a bit curious as to how exactly Kif would 'get it on' with Amy....


Holy shit man. You should get out more.

:slowly backs away:

Oni Zyxer

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #61 on: 04-29-2002 23:38 »
« Last Edit on: 04-29-2002 23:38 »

no ben. no. amy and kif, thats realistic, and kif's feminisity (  :D) makes the relationship funny. but leela and fry? no only are they COMPLETELY incompatible, your not thinking about AFTER they get together. seriously, how would that work? why do you think they divorced the first time?
Erdrik

Professor
*
« Reply #62 on: 04-30-2002 06:51 »
« Last Edit on: 04-30-2002 06:51 »

   
Quote
Originally posted by Oni Zyxer:
but leela and fry? no only are they COMPLETELY incompatible, your not thinking about AFTER they get together. seriously, how would that work? why do you think they divorced the first time?

How? like this: Fry does something stupid. Leela scolds him, Fry feels guilty and does something nice to make up for it. One doesn't have to be compatible to fall in love. ever heard of the saying opposites attract?
Leela lived the begining of her life without family or friends; Fry lost his Family and friends when he came to the future. Both have failed relationships. Fry helps Leela in her confidence(most of the time) while Leela helps keep Fry out of trouble. Fry actualy likes Leela eye, which apparently no one else in the show does. They have something they can share, and talk about.
Thruthfully? I don't see how they are incompatible...

That last question is too easy. They got divorced becuase no-one could remember what Fry did!! She divorced him becuase she was suddenly thrown into a wedding, without knowing why or how. If she knew what had happened during the timeslip I doubt she would have divorced him.
wu_konguk

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #63 on: 04-30-2002 06:57 »

As they say love is blind and other cliches.
Oni Zyxer

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #64 on: 04-30-2002 07:10 »

oh, laugh laugh, erdrik, you should be a comedian. im being serious, you know every thing about comedy, and should have your own sitcom, called "erdrik's pal's" where you sit alone in a dark room.
Oni Zyxer

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #65 on: 04-30-2002 07:14 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Erdrik:
   She divorced him becuase she was suddenly thrown into a wedding, without knowing why or how. If she knew what had happened during the timeslip I doubt she would have divorced him.

if leela is only going to love fry because he wrote her a love letter (an impressive love letter, but a love letter all the same) thats not love, sorry.

Erdrik

Professor
*
« Reply #66 on: 04-30-2002 08:24 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Oni Zyxer:
oh, laugh laugh, erdrik, you should be a comedian. im being serious, you know every thing about comedy, and should have your own sitcom, called "erdrik's pal's" where you sit alone in a dark room.

Oh wow. I'm being told to get a life, ma boo hoo, ma boo hoo.  :cry:
Excuse me for having an opinion.
Maybe next time I can get a 'specialised' labotomy so I can have the same sense of humor as you. Sheesh man, I never said I was the grand master of comedy! I just said those shows were successful and funny portraying a loving relationship.
 
Quote
if leela is only going to love fry because he wrote her a love letter (an impressive love letter, but a love letter all the same) thats not love, sorry.
Its not the love letter, words, or even the medium he used to write it in, but the effort and lengths he went to to express his feelings. The effort he put into it shows her just how much he really cared for her. besides, During the timeslip she decided to marry him. Maybe it wasn't just the letter. Maybe the letter was just the begining and Fry did other things to earn her love. but no matter what happen in the slip she eventualy decided to marry him and if she had remembered all the stuff that happened she would not have divorced him, otherwise she never would have been in that chapel in the first place!
Nixorbo

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #67 on: 04-30-2002 09:31 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Erdrik:
   How? like this: Fry does something stupid. Leela scolds him, Fry feels guilty and does something nice to make up for it.

But do we really want "Home Improvement in Space?"  Because that's what it'll become under that formula.
Erdrik

Professor
*
« Reply #68 on: 04-30-2002 11:31 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Nixorbo:
 But do we really want "Home Improvement in Space?"  Because that's what it'll become under that formula.


well obviously it won't work in all cases. thats just an example.
you could have lots of different ideas.
Like Leela gets over-protective(I mean even more than normal), or Gets parinoid about Fry cheating on her, or She could meet the 'perfect man' after they've been dating awhile Fry getting jealous and worried She might leave him, or Leela could get a Brainslug causing Fry to be incharge of things(both on the job and 'at home'), or maybe Fry gets too comfortable being 'around' Leela and gets to be even more of a slob, or they could find out they can't have children(Maybe Leela being a mutant made her sterile) and the proff invents a cure or something(with wacky side effects), then there is always the whole body swapping bit, and miss-understandings to temparaily break them apart, and then the whole Fry/Leela's Parents interaction, Then there is Zapp(I doubt he'd back off simply becuase they're dating) that would make his antics all the more humorous IMHO, and what about Fry constantly wanting to defend Leela's honor? he could get into loads of trouble there, or maybe Zoidberg makes a mistake when operating on Fry ie surgicly removing the wrong 'limb'  :eek:
.... ok Ill stop there before I get really w3rd  :p
Venus

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #69 on: 04-30-2002 14:26 »

if any of the ideas erdrik just suggested ever made it into their own eps and if it was handled right i would have to completely rework my fav top ten list
  you should put those into a fic series erdrik, lord knows id read them
Erdrik

Professor
*
« Reply #70 on: 04-30-2002 14:34 »

are you kidding me? A'course I'm gonna write these in fics!  :p   :flirt:  :flirt:
Venus

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #71 on: 04-30-2002 14:44 »

yyyaaaaaayyy!!!!
Chump

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #72 on: 04-30-2002 14:47 »

I think that it's pretty obvious, but I'm the only one who voted for:
CUBERT!

Fl'uh! Once he's married, he won't be whining and moaning about the crew, he'll be arguing and belittling his wife! He would probably marry someone who acts just like him, and they could bicker back and forth and have a grand old time.
Aleel

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #73 on: 06-14-2002 08:46 »

Leela and Fry... I hope I'm not reapting myself about that..
transgender nerd under canada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #74 on: 06-15-2002 06:55 »

Howcome nobody wants Elzar to find his true love?
Chump

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #75 on: 06-15-2002 08:51 »

He could die in a freak ravioli crimper accident after being disgraced over that "spice weasel thing".
bartman

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #76 on: 06-15-2002 11:03 »

fry!he should marry leela
Aleel

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #77 on: 06-16-2002 04:59 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by bartman:
fry!he should marry leela

Yeah he should do so. Or better: She should marry him.
AstroZombie

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #78 on: 06-16-2002 12:53 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Aleel:
 Yeah he should do so. Or better: She should marry him.

I'm with her
KENNEDY

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #79 on: 06-16-2002 13:19 »
« Last Edit on: 06-16-2002 13:19 »

I'm making a fan-comic where the Professor marries the lazy-eye lady.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.18 seconds with 41 queries.