Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    General Futurama Forum Category    General Disscussion    Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV (not spoiling) « previous next »
Author Topic: Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV (not spoiling)  (Read 894 times)
Pages: [1] Print
JavieR

Starship Captain
****
« on: 07-10-2003 23:25 »

As I said at TFP, a Local TV Station of my country is showing the Futurama 5th Season episodes. Yesterday (July 10th) that TV Station showed "4ACV06 - Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV" translated of course!. Just to let you know...
Cube_166

Professor
*
« Reply #1 on: 07-11-2003 07:15 »

This seems the best place to bring up an idea I've had recently. In Bender Should Not Be Allowed On TV
and in Pygmoelian (Simpsons)
Does anyone think these two sound very similar?
Evil Fox Exec

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #2 on: 07-11-2003 07:18 »

Holy cow, you're so lucky!  Well, was the episode good?
boingo2000

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #3 on: 07-11-2003 08:08 »

JavieR

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #4 on: 07-11-2003 16:52 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Evil Fox Exec:
Holy cow, you're so lucky!  Well, was the episode good?

It was good, lots of jokes... Since I watched the episode in Spanish maybe I missed some...
mads

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #5 on: 07-11-2003 17:06 »

God i'm looking forward to this episode  :)
Cube_166

Professor
*
« Reply #6 on: 07-11-2003 17:50 »

alexvilagosh

Goose Patrol
Space Pope
****
« Reply #7 on: 07-11-2003 18:18 »

Wow really awsome I thought US always got them first.

If only I knew Spanish...
zoidyzoid

Professor
*
« Reply #8 on: 07-11-2003 18:51 »

Seeing an episode before US viewers do- lucky!

Oh, and thanks everyone for using spoiler tags  :)
Beamer

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #9 on: 07-11-2003 20:20 »

Keep in mind Moe's episode mainly centered around him getting plastic surgery.
Nefnar

Professor
*
« Reply #10 on: 07-11-2003 21:36 »

I got that too.
Fox Latin America.
Nefnar dances and claps.
Hooray FoxLa
[-mArc-]

Administrator
Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #11 on: 07-12-2003 02:23 »

This episode didn't air in the US yet as FOX wanted to use it as the finale (because of the title). People at Curiosity didn't like them and told them to use Devil's Hands instead. Hope they succeeded.
sheep555

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #12 on: 07-12-2003 02:28 »
« Last Edit on: 07-12-2003 02:28 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by JavieR:
As I said at TFP, a Local TV Station of my country is showing the Futurama 5th Season episodes. Yesterday (July 10th) that TV Station showed "4ACV06 - Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV" translated of course!. Just to let you know...

That's very interesting, because Sky (UK) told me they were allowed to air "S5" episodes, but they ended up not doing so...I guess this suggests it was because they didn't fancy pissing off Fox, not because they weren't allowed to  :)


 
Quote
Originally posted by Cube_166:
I wasn't asking for the name of the soap, although it was appreciated. I was asking if anyone found these two episodes to sound similar.

Standard rule of comedy: One character must at one point in his/her life get a part in a soap opera.
JavieR

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #13 on: 07-12-2003 11:08 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by [-mArc-]:
This episode didn't air in the US yet as FOX wanted to use it as the finale (because of the title). People at Curiosity didn't like them and told them to use Devil's Hands instead. Hope they succeeded.

I didn't know that... interesting

 
Quote
Originally posted by sheep555:
That's very interesting, because Sky (UK) told me they were allowed to air "S5" episodes, but they ended up not doing so...I guess this suggests it was because they didn't fancy pissing off Fox, not because they weren't allowed to  :)

The Local TV stations of my country could show Movies that don't even are in Local Theaters. I think FOX LA gives a damn showing the "S5" episodes first...
Evil Fox Exec

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #14 on: 07-12-2003 11:46 »

Hey Javiar, you think you could give us a detailed description of the episode?
Beamer

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #15 on: 07-13-2003 01:55 »

Yeah, I'd also like to know a bit more about this episode too.
JavieR

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #16 on: 07-13-2003 10:33 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Evil Fox Exec:
Hey Javiar, you think you could give us a detailed description of the episode?

There you go...

Otis P Jivefunk

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #17 on: 07-13-2003 12:45 »

That's realy interesting and informative, the ep definately sounds a lot better now I know more about it. Thanx, JavieR  :)
Evil Fox Exec

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #18 on: 07-13-2003 13:09 »

Thanks a million Javier for the description!  This episode sounds really interesting!  But also, it's clear that it wouldn't make a good series finale.  It's a good thing that DXC and company intervened.
BNLbum

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #19 on: 07-13-2003 15:10 »

I can't believe FOX wanted to air that as a series finale! I can almost hear them.

JavieR

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #20 on: 07-13-2003 15:49 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by BNLbum:
I can't believe FOX wanted to air that as a series finale! I can almost hear them.


You're absolutely right BNLbum  :(
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 35 queries.