Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Futurama chat

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    General Futurama Forum Category    General Disscussion    Interesting claim regarding Futurama movies... Should we believe? « previous next »
: Interesting claim regarding Futurama movies... Should we believe?  (Read 24458 times)
: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 Print
RS 2thou

Urban Legend
***
« #600 : 10-15-2005 07:11 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by KurtPikachu2001:
The way Futurama fans are so uncertain and unsure of these movies, it makes me wonder if those movies are ever going to be greenlighted.  BTW, I've been watching Futurama since it first came out. 

Same here, I think I was 10 at the time, Im 18 in June
greeneyes

Crustacean
*
« #601 : 10-16-2005 17:54 »

I'm one hundred percent confiedent that Futurama will come back. It's too good of a show not to. I'm just impatiently waiting for it's return. *sigh* is it back on TV YET?!?!?
futz
Liquid Emperor
**
« #602 : 10-18-2005 11:42 »

Perhaps folks should take a look at the Rough Draft Studios message board in the General Discussion thread about their Halloween Site.
Nerd-o-rama

Urban Legend
***
« #603 : 10-18-2005 11:45 »

RDS has a message board...?  Where?
Teral

Helpy McHelphelp
DOOP Secretary
*
« #604 : 10-18-2005 11:52 »

Right here.

And here you'll find their test-site.
ShortRoundMcfly

Starship Captain
****
« #605 : 10-18-2005 15:23 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by KurtPikachu2001:
The way Futurama fans are so uncertain and unsure of these movies, it makes me wonder if those movies are ever going to be greenlighted.  BTW, I've been watching Futurama since it first came out. 

That's because whatever the peelers believe is reality. If we don't reach a consensus this movie will never be out.
TwistedMetalKat

Bending Unit
***
« #606 : 10-19-2005 14:00 »

Hmm... has anyone seen the new topic in the General Discussion section?
 http://poop44.proboards23.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1129651361

RDS Insider:

For anyone interested, the Halloween Party Site is up on the official, "expansive" RDS page:
 http://www.roughdraftstudios.com/

Lots o' good pics.

Oh, and the Futurama movie deal is looking good.
Jay

Bending Unit
***
« #607 : 10-19-2005 16:37 »

Yeah, the post on the Halloween thread is very intriguing.  The pics are neat as well.  I think Susie Dietter is next to the guy dressed as Underdog.  Matt Groening looks funny in his shot as well.
tom123

Starship Captain
****
« #608 : 10-19-2005 19:46 »

If this movie does get greenlighted I will probably be the happiest kid in my town. I liked Futurama from the beginning, and am surronded by Family Guy fans who kept telling me that it wouldn't come back. I told them I knew it would, but before this rumor I was starting to lose hope. BRING BACK FUTURAMA!!!
Fatdude

Bending Unit
***
« #609 : 10-20-2005 18:18 »

even if it dose get greenlighted, it's gonna be a long wait to see it. what with production and all.
Mojo

Poppler
*
« #610 : 10-31-2005 19:42 »

Last I checked, it HAS been greenlighted. Unless this has been proven false.
 http://dvd.ign.com/articles/634/634262p1.html

Even if it is five months old now
soylentOrange

Urban Legend
***
« #611 : 10-31-2005 20:28 »

unfortunately, as has been mentioned over and over in this thread, ign will post anything without checking to make sure its not just a rumor.  We wont know for sure that the movie's greenlit until Groening or fox says so officially.
Mojo

Poppler
*
« #612 : 10-31-2005 20:44 »

Figures. Here's hoping anyway
KurtPikachu2001

Urban Legend
***
« #613 : 11-02-2005 14:56 »

The movies have been greenlighted!  Futurama is not going to be forgotten into oblivion!   The movies are coming!  Billy West and Matt Groening have said so themselves!
Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« #614 : 11-02-2005 15:03 »

Source please?

Billy West has been on record as saying he 'jumped the gun' on saying that the movie was a done deal.

Until we actually hear from FOX, Groening or Cohen, it's dead in the water.

Sorry to be the wet blanket, but there's been talk about the movies since Futurama was cancelled.
Jesus H. Christ

Crustacean
*
« #615 : 11-04-2005 21:37 »

Kids, kids, please... It's called "greenlit" not "greenlighted"... such savage abuse of the english language!

you should have been at this years Halloween party, that is until a team of rollerderby girls showed up and trashed the place. (For rollerderby reference please view "Kansas City Bomber" starring Raquel Welch.

Futurama will return in 2006. The gospel of JHC declares it so.


...and watch Drawn Together, another fine RDS product

boiler

Bending Unit
***
« #616 : 11-04-2005 22:15 »

greenlit? tell that to hemmingway.
David A

Space Pope
****
« #617 : 11-05-2005 08:14 »

Hemmingway was a misogynistic alcoholic who squandered half his life following Picasso around trying to nail his leftovers.
Bender-Mon

Bending Unit
***
« #618 : 11-05-2005 09:49 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by tom123:
If this movie does get greenlighted I will probably be the happiest kid in my town. I liked Futurama from the beginning, and am surronded by Family Guy fans who kept telling me that it wouldn't come back. I told them I knew it would, but before this rumor I was starting to lose hope. BRING BACK FUTURAMA!!!


Same with me Tom123. Me and a small group of people are the only Futurama fans and it would sure show them if we got a movie.
SlackJawedMoron

Urban Legend
***
« #619 : 11-06-2005 04:08 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by David A:
Hemmingway was a misogynistic alcoholic who squandered half his life following Picasso around trying to nail his leftovers.

[Bender]*sniff* ... he's a saint[/Bender]
GreyThinkyWhale

Professor
*
« #620 : 11-06-2005 13:12 »

I first asked Billy West in a thread that he was giving info about the movie if he was 100% sure that it was going to happen. No reply. I then sent him a private message about if he was 100% sure. No reply.

I haven't given up yet! This time I started a thread, and I hope to god it works! Keep track of it, would you?
electric

Crustacean
*
« #621 : 11-06-2005 13:25 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by GreyThinkyWhale:
I first asked Billy West in a thread that he was giving info about the movie if he was 100% sure that it was going to happen. No reply. I then sent him a private message about if he was 100% sure. No reply.

I haven't given up yet! This time I started a thread, and I hope to god it works! Keep track of it, would you?
I listened to a Billy West interview that took place yesterday, and he said that they are currently looking for a way to pay for the movie. It may or may not happen? But right now, it seems like no one is 100% sure about it.

totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« #622 : 11-06-2005 14:14 »

Perhaps *we* could pay for the movie. We all sent anchovies to Fox, right? So we could all pledge a few dollars/pounds/euros/rupees towards making the movie.

I'm willing to pay a few quid to give it a chance, and I'm sure that there are others.

I'm thinking that if somebody on PEEL opened a bank account in the name of "Futurama Movie", and we all sent cheques in, we could amass quite a fund.

Comments?
Bender-Mon

Bending Unit
***
« #623 : 11-06-2005 14:17 »

That is a pretty good idea. I never thoguht of doing that. It would work well i think. We should try. Many Fragments.
Teral

Helpy McHelphelp
DOOP Secretary
*
« #624 : 11-06-2005 14:21 »
« : 11-06-2005 14:21 »

In one word? Notachanceinhell.

In more words: The Trek community tried that with Enterprise, they failed miserably. Since the Trek fanbase is magnitudes bigger than the Futurama fanbase ever will be, how do you imagine we will succeed where they failed?

Especially since you're not getting any of my hard-earned money. I need those for mortgages, food and transportation.
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« #625 : 11-06-2005 14:55 »

I figure that we're smarter than any other fan community, and therefore have more chance of succeeding.
Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« #626 : 11-06-2005 15:43 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:

Especially since you're not getting any of my hard-earned money. I need those for mortgages, food and transportation.

And a themepark.  And Blackjack.  And hookers! Don't forget about hookers!

Aw, screw the themepark and blackjack!

futz
Liquid Emperor
**
« #627 : 11-06-2005 15:54 »

1. Possible future headline: "Futurama movie funds disappear along with fund raiser chairman".

2. Fox owns Futurama so you'd have to pay for both movie production and the rights, and have the resources to eat it if the movie fails. And Fox might not want to sell the rights at any price.

3. ~$10 Million/6905 PEEL'ers = $1448.23 each
(cough...).
soylentOrange

Urban Legend
***
« #628 : 11-07-2005 12:53 »
« : 11-07-2005 12:53 »

paying for the movie probably isnt an option, but what if we started petitions?  We could each put a 'bring back futurama' signature sheet somewhere in our highschool/college/office where people would see it.  There are enough people around that like futurama that we could get a mass of signatures.  Then we could send them all in to fox at the same time.  If we get enough signatures it might pursuade fox that there's enough of a fan base to bring back the show (or at least make the movie a reality)
futz
Liquid Emperor
**
« #629 : 11-07-2005 13:12 »

If you need to keep yourself busy you can do that. The thing is Fox already knows the data that is important to them and that is the sales of the DVD's already on the market. It's those sales that's driving the present interest on their part to have new DVD's made. Not that fan support hurts but money talks and you know what walks.

I think some folks here are just responding to the last few posts of the thread and don't know what has happened since this summer. Things are looking pretty good for a return but just believe official statements and for gosh shakes don't start sending money to people you don't know and have never had anything to do with Futurama.
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« #630 : 11-07-2005 17:18 »

Damn you, futz. Let them send me money if they want to!  :p
futz
Liquid Emperor
**
« #631 : 11-07-2005 18:46 »

Start a religion first. Then it's tax free.   :flirt:
Nerd-o-rama

Urban Legend
***
« #632 : 11-07-2005 19:24 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by soylentOrange:
paying for the movie probably isnt an option, but what if we started petitions?  We could each put a 'bring back futurama' signature sheet somewhere in our highschool/college/office where people would see it.  There are enough people around that like futurama that we could get a mass of signatures.  Then we could send them all in to fox at the same time.  If we get enough signatures it might pursuade fox that there's enough of a fan base to bring back the show (or at least make the movie a reality)

No more petitions.  I'm surprised Teral didn't shoot you with a hammer when he read that.

Also, damn Billy West and his false hope.

Trying to find a way to pay for it...it's a frelling movie. It pays for itself.  That's why you charge money for it.  Hell, Serenity turned a profit and it (which is to say, Firefly) had a fanbase of about 200 people before it came out.

Either that or slash O'Reilly's salary.  He hasn't been belligerent enough lately.
Bandit Ruler

Bending Unit
***
« #633 : 11-07-2005 21:30 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by electric:
 
Quote
Originally posted by GreyThinkyWhale:
I first asked Billy West in a thread that he was giving info about the movie if he was 100% sure that it was going to happen. No reply. I then sent him a private message about if he was 100% sure. No reply.

I haven't given up yet! This time I started a thread, and I hope to god it works! Keep track of it, would you?
I listened to a Billy West interview that took place yesterday, and he said that they are currently looking for a way to pay for the movie. It may or may not happen? But right now, it seems like no one is 100% sure about it.


Yeah, he had mentioned that when I talked to him at the Sci-Fi Expo. Of course, most people probably wouldn't listen to a born optimist like me.. but there's something else he had mentioned when I talked to him this weekend.

He said that he was really keeping track of the progress lately, and said that the storyline was practically done.
What can I say about that? That Billy gives false hope? No.. I think he's just a bit optimistic... nothing wrong with that. But I'll trust his word on this one.
evan

Urban Legend
***
« #634 : 11-07-2005 21:49 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Nerd-o-rama:

Trying to find a way to pay for it...it's a frelling movie. It pays for itself.  That's why you charge money for it.  Hell, Serenity turned a profit and it (which is to say, Firefly) had a fanbase of about 200 people before it came out.

Did Firefly turn a profit? I know it probably didn't do well enough to push out sequals, but I know it didn't bomb.

As for the Futurama movie, I always assumed it would be a DVD movie. There's still money that is necessary for promoting it and paying the actors'/writers' salaries. That needs to be taken care of before any real production can take place.
futz
Liquid Emperor
**
« #635 : 11-08-2005 06:39 »

It would be interesting to know how much the whole thing costs when it's all done. Compared to the typical movie release these days it sounds like it might be a bargan.
Boltzmann_Fan

Delivery Boy
**
« #636 : 11-08-2005 16:47 »

Couldn't Groening pay for most of it himself?  Shouldn't he be some sort of multi-multi-millionaire given all the Simpson's merchandising and whatnot?  (Or maybe it was just fox that got rich...)
CrapBag

Liquid Emperor
**
« #637 : 11-08-2005 16:52 »

well it takes a lot to make an entire movie. its not a cheap process. and why would he spend all it on a movie, i think he wants his kids to go to college and a plasma screen tv. its a risk making a movie, cause u never know if the public wil like it and if it will make money
commie detector

Starship Captain
****
« #638 : 11-08-2005 16:57 »

Hmm.... Matt Groening could make all the Simpsons episodes suck on purpose.....
ShaBuBu
Delivery Boy
**
« #639 : 11-09-2005 23:22 »

Yea, maybe it was his plan to make all the Simpsons crap so that people would start watching Futurama and it would be better compared to it..
: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 Print 
« previous next »
:  

SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.605 seconds with 153 queries.