Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    Melllvar's Erotic Friend Fiction    definition of shippy??? « previous next »
Author Topic: definition of shippy???  (Read 489 times)
Pages: [1] Print
BenderLicksButt

Bending Unit
***
« on: 09-17-2006 05:14 »

im new and i wanna know what shippy means  confused
jle1993

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #1 on: 09-17-2006 05:47 »

Ships= relationships *Fry and Leela*

Shipping= supporting a relationship *Fry and Leela belong together damnit*

Shippy=something based on a relationship *Poem, story or artwork for Fry and Leela

Shippyness= Full of shippy

Futurama ships: Fry and Leela
                Fry and Amy
                Kif and Amy
                Kif and Leela
BenderLicksButt

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #2 on: 09-17-2006 05:54 »

kool ty
jle1993

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #3 on: 09-17-2006 05:58 »

Yw
Dead Composer
Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #4 on: 09-17-2006 06:05 »

Shippy = what my fanfics are most decidedly not.
TriggerHappyJim

Professor
*
« Reply #5 on: 09-17-2006 10:14 »

To each his own.
Dead Composer
Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #6 on: 09-17-2006 12:34 »

Don't get me wrong.  I agree that Fry and Leela belong together.  I just can't think of any fresh, original Fry/Leela story ideas, and I'd rather not contribute to the already crowded Fry/Leela genre unless I can bring something new to the table.  There are already enough people writing tiny songfics where Fry proposes to Leela, Leela proposes to Fry, etc., etc., etc.
TriggerHappyJim

Professor
*
« Reply #7 on: 09-17-2006 12:57 »

I can see your point, but the "genre", as it were, is just as crammed with readers as it is with authors. And don't get me wrong either - I like non-shippy fic as much as shiptacular shiptravaganzas.
SpaceCase

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #8 on: 09-17-2006 14:05 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by BenderLicksButt:
im new and i wanna know what shippy means   confused
I know there are threads on this subject, but I’ll be hanged if I can find one.
Rather than my needlessly soaking up bandwidth, may I suggest you look here?

mwahahaha93

Crustacean
*
« Reply #9 on: 09-17-2006 17:07 »

I totally agree with the F and L ship and the K&A ship.

What other Ships are there, though.  Zap and Leela?  haha :P I love all those
Xanfor

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #10 on: 09-17-2006 20:59 »

I can't believe I missed this thread! And SpaceCase beat me to it!

∴ Xanfor win = False.

SpaceCase

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #11 on: 09-18-2006 11:48 »
« Last Edit on: 09-18-2006 11:48 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by mwahahaha93:
I totally agree with the F and L ship and the K&A ship.

What other Ships are there, though.  Zap and Leela?  haha :P I love all those
Hmm... lessee...
(In no particular order)

There’s the Professor and Mom,
Hermes and LaBarbara,
Morris and Munda,
Leo and Inez.
Morbo and Faun(?)
Lrrr and Ndnd

And while they’re not romantic these are still ‘ship’s;
(In no particular order)

Zap and Kif
Farnsworth and Cubert
Hermes and Dwight
Cubert and Dwight
Farnsworth and Hermes (a’la BSNBAoTV and TRoAE)
Farnsworth and Wernstrom... WERNSTROM
Leela and Amy (a’la BH)
Mom and her sons
Morbo and Linda

Ah…hm... That’s about where my notes run out.

[Edit:]

>.<
D'OH!

 
Quote
Originally posted by Xanfor:
I can't believe I missed this thread! And SpaceCase beat me to it!

&#8756; Xanfor win = False.
That’s a rarity alright; you might want to mark your calendar.  wink
Although I don’t consider posting here a competition…
jle1993

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #12 on: 09-18-2006 14:03 »

You forgot
Fry/20th century chick
Fry/Radiator
Fry/His Grandma
Fry/Woman from the bus stop
Fry/Mitchelle
Fry/Morgan
Fry/Amy
Leela/Zapp
Leela/Kif
Leela/Adlai(I think thats how you spell his name)
Leela/Shaun(Ditto above)
Zapp/Amy
Professor/Amy(ugh)
Professor/Leela(double ugh)

Plus more I can't think of right now. Note that although some of these didn't happen, some people think they should of and therefore support that ship.
SpaceCase

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #13 on: 09-19-2006 12:43 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by jle1993:
You forgot...
<list>
... Plus more I can't think of right now. Note that although some of these didn't happen, some people think they should of and therefore support that ship.
No, I didn’t forget them; I listed the ‘ships’ I though ripe for development (or at least exploration) in the movies.
In the character combinations you list the ‘ship’ is not at issue: That is, there is no ‘ship’ to speak of, the ‘ship’ has been resolved, or the ‘ship’ was a one-episode joke.
I have just one question:
 
Quote
...Woman from the bus stop...
Who?  confused

I have a pretty good recall of Futurama, but I’m drawing a blank there...
Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #14 on: 09-19-2006 12:58 »

The only woman from a bus stop that I can think of is Petunia from PYHOMS - the 'well-travelled woman' that Bender fixed Fry up with.
SpaceCase

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #15 on: 09-19-2006 13:10 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Ralph Snart:
The only woman from a bus stop that I can think of is Petunia from PYHOMS - the 'well-travelled woman' that Bender fixed Fry up with.
Thank you Ralph.
We only saw Petunia in the resturaunt.
We later find out she, and everyone else Bender rounded-up, were in the bus station.
Was there another woman Fry might've met at a bus stop?  confused
BenderLicksButt

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #16 on: 09-19-2006 17:58 »

ive started a fanfic http://www.peelified.com/cgi-bin/Futurama/4-001382-1/  its about seymour's (fry's dog) life through his eyes. it something that just popped into my head.
mwahahaha93

Crustacean
*
« Reply #17 on: 09-20-2006 00:43 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by SpaceCase:
   
Quote
Originally posted by mwahahaha93:
I totally agree with the F and L ship and the K&A ship.

What other Ships are there, though.  Zap and Leela?  haha :P I love all those
Hmm... lessee...
(In no particular order)

There’s the Professor and Mom,
Hermes and LaBarbara,
Morris and Munda,
Leo and Inez.
Morbo and Faun(?)
Lrrr and Ndnd

And while they’re not romantic these are still ‘ship’s;
(In no particular order)

Zap and Kif
Farnsworth and Cubert
Hermes and Dwight
Cubert and Dwight
Farnsworth and Hermes (a’la BSNBAoTV and TRoAE)
Farnsworth and Wernstrom... WERNSTROM
Leela and Amy (a’la BH)
Mom and her sons
Morbo and Linda

Ah…hm... That’s about where my notes run out.

[Edit:]

>.<
D'OH!

 
Quote
Originally posted by Xanfor:
I can't believe I missed this thread! And SpaceCase beat me to it!

&#8756; Xanfor win = False.
That’s a rarity alright; you might want to mark your calendar.   wink
Although I don’t consider posting here a competition…
right I completely forgot about the prof. and mom!  they are so cute together
  big grin HAHA
KurtPikachu2001

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #18 on: 09-20-2006 21:42 »

Does the word "shipper" supposed to be short for "relationship?"  That's what I've heard. 
BenderLicksButt

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #19 on: 09-21-2006 03:55 »

god this is getting more attention than expected. i just wanted to know what shippy means. how about you move the conversation to here http://www.peelified.com/cgi-bin/Futurama/4-001387-1/
Shiny

Professor
*
« Reply #20 on: 09-22-2006 08:36 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by KurtPikachu2001:
Does the word "shipper" supposed to be short for "relationship?"  That's what I've heard. 

You have heard correctly.   wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.102 seconds with 17 queries.