Well, if you have never seen one, I can see why you may not like or be fond of or whatever, but once you see a short film, it's like you lost your virginity (Not really, but I couldn't think of a better opening sentence...). They have provided entertainment, laughter, encouragement, inspiration and fresh new ideas. This thread is dedicated to those wonderful 30 minute or less movies. Discuss your favorites, share websites, things like that.
- I decided to post this one first, so you'd pay attention
This one is about the funniest one I've ever seen. It's about how a cartoonist was hired to do little in-between segment commercial thingies for a new channel, which had a family atmosphere. All of them were rejected. They show each of the cartoons, ranging from random giant spoons confronting bananas, eye-poppin' (literally) fights, ticks firing out of peoples' nipples, and a cool grand finalé.I don't know the name of it
- My good friend Willie (30ish) introduced me to shortfilms and things of the sort. This is a Run Lola Run
ish movie, but a whole lot better. A camera follows this guy running across the city, avoiding obstacles, and frequently changing camera angles. This goes on for about two minutes, with some funny stuff in the backround, and then the camera is staring right at his side, going at the same speed down the side walk. He then suddenly hits a pole. Hilarious.The New Guy
- This is the story of Hitler in need of a job, so he becomes a cubicle worker. The gay guy introduces himself, and Hitler has no idea what is going on, so he slaps him with a metal ruler and the gay guy screams "S.O.B.! S.O.B.!". That night, they launch a campaign against Hitler. Hitler walks in the doorway, and they bombard him with rubber bands and paper balls. Hitler recovers, pulls out two staple gun, and staples everyone dead (Not really). The next morning, he left a good-bye note
It was funny nonetheless.Brother, Cousin, and Uncle series
- It was funny, and sad. I can't really describe it's goodness but...Anything by Bill Plympton
- If you have not seen one, you're missing out on life.
There are others, but I cannot think of right now, so I will post when I do. Good hunting.