Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    Human Resource Department    Leela or Amy? « previous next »
 Topic locked! 
Author Topic: Leela or Amy?  (Read 326425 times)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20 Print
PEE Poll: Leela or Amy?
Leela
Amy
This poll is sexist and degrading!

AstroZombie

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #40 on: 09-18-2001 16:58 »

Yeah Leela is the best!

*sigh* Ah Leela!

 smile smile
AstroZombie

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #41 on: 09-18-2001 17:00 »

Cool! I started a new page.

 smile smile

Leela rocks  smile
Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #42 on: 09-19-2001 23:26 »

Mmm... Amy...  love   love   love
payndz

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #43 on: 09-20-2001 09:07 »
« Last Edit on: 09-20-2001 09:07 »

Hmm, who should I vote for? If only I ran some kind of character site that could help me decide!

Oh, wait... g'uh!

(Coming soon - Amy MP3s!)
flexo

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #44 on: 09-20-2001 10:53 »

i'm gonna go for leeeeeeeeeeeeeeela l-e-e-l-a
[-mArc-]

Administrator
Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #45 on: 09-20-2001 11:44 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by payndz:
If only I ran some kind of character site that could help me decide!

PS: added to the supporters as you finally updated the link to us  tongue
now you just need to get rid of links like The Fry Files and other *.sweeetnet links to make thoe you have worth using for people  tongue

FishyJoe

Honorary German
Urban Legend
***
« Reply #46 on: 09-20-2001 17:08 »

*spits out water*

Leela's winning over Amy? This is a disgrace to hot asians everywhere.
Teral

Helpy McHelphelp
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #47 on: 09-20-2001 20:02 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Tempest:
 But, apart from that large, bulbous eyeball (which has been mentioned surprisingly little in this thread   big grin )

Which just shows that we're judging on what's inside and not on looks. How very political correct of us.  big grin

Anyhoo, it's good to see that Leela is wining this by a landslide. Go Leela!!
 
FishyJoe

Honorary German
Urban Legend
***
« Reply #48 on: 09-21-2001 01:03 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:
 Which just shows that we're judging on what's inside and not on looks.

No, it's just that the whole "cyclops" thing doesn't stand out as much in cartoon form. It's something that just gets accepted as part of her character design. Trust me, if Leela were real, nobody would be able to get past that single huge eyeball. It would just be creepy. Amy, on the other hand, would translate pretty well in real life...she's just a typical hot asian. Nobody doesn't like hot asians.

flexo

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #49 on: 09-21-2001 10:14 »

nobody doesn't like hot anybody..... if ya get that....
Stereoide

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #50 on: 09-21-2001 12:06 »

Hey, Amys above-normal flirting just increases us normal guy's chance to date with her  tongue
John Pannozzi

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #51 on: 06-03-2004 21:36 »

This reminds me of http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0149460/board/flat/8603545

Anyway, I chose Amy. Please don't hurt me legions of Leela fans, beacause I think Leela comes in at a close second.
DrJohnZ

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #52 on: 06-04-2004 00:08 »

wow this thread is old.
But I choose Leela, just look at that figure

and


thanks FSAC for the pics
Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #53 on: 06-04-2004 07:54 »



Woooo Zed 85!  big grin

Teral

Helpy McHelphelp
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #54 on: 06-04-2004 08:23 »

You need to fight fire with fire:

Another Zed 85.


Maybe not sexy, but this picture is just so damn beautiful!! The sky, the look on her face, the sun setting. Best fanart ever! Plus you just wanna go give her a big hug, don't you?  love
Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #55 on: 06-04-2004 08:30 »
« Last Edit on: 06-04-2004 08:30 »

Nice!

I posted that Zed 85 one because I hadn't seen it before and it is so goddamn awesome!

Although I am at a loss as to why she is walking through a field completely naked...   big grin

DrJohnZ

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #56 on: 06-04-2004 09:35 »

Why is she in a military looking camo outfit? (Teral's post, 2nd pic.)
Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #57 on: 06-04-2004 09:37 »

I think Zed 85 does a lot of military style scans, which means there are an awful lot of original ones by him.

Venus

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #58 on: 06-04-2004 11:37 »

Zed has a tendency to put Leela in what i think is Russian military outfits, which confuses the hell out of me, what with Leela being American and all.
John Pannozzi

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #59 on: 06-04-2004 17:24 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by DrJohnZ:
wow this thread is old.
But I choose Leela, just look at that figure



thanks FSAC for the pics

That reminds me of why I chose Amy over Leela, Leela divorced Fry, Amy will more than likely never diovorce Kif.
John Pannozzi

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #60 on: 06-04-2004 17:27 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:
 Which just shows that we're judging on what's inside and not on looks. How very political correct of us.   big grin
But Leela DOES have good looks and Amy has a nice personality.

 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:
Anyhoo, it's good to see that Leela is wining this by a landslide. Go Leela!!
 
Ironic that you love Amy a lot, yet you want her to win miserably. (Hey, I'm fine with people who prefer Leela over Amy, as long as they think Amy is 2nd best).

Teral

Helpy McHelphelp
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #61 on: 06-04-2004 17:31 »
« Last Edit on: 06-04-2004 17:31 »

   
Quote
Originally posted by John Pannozzi:
     
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:
Anyhoo, it's good to see that Leela is wining this by a landslide. Go Leela!!
 
Ironic that you love Amy a lot, yet you want her to win miserably.

You shot who in the what now? I've always been in the Leela camp. And what does "win miserably" mean?

   
Quote
Originally posted by John Pannozzi:
 That reminds me of why I chose Amy over Leela, Leela divorced Fry, Amy will more than likely never diovorce Kif.

There's a difference: Kif and Amy are allready boyfriend/girlfriend, they would more readily accept being married (it's just a step further than their current relationship, although Amy's reaction to motherhood in KGKUAN does leave some doubts), whereas Fry and Leela go from good friends to marriage in the wink of an eye, with neither of them able to remember what happened.

Wait a minute .... Astro!? My god, this is an old thread. Ahh, the memories...  big grin

Don't confuse not caring with not knowing!
Digital Dragon

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #62 on: 06-04-2004 17:40 »

Clearly, the best answer is both.
Shadowstar

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #63 on: 06-04-2004 17:50 »

Leela rejects Fry time and time again, despite the fact that he's the nicest most genuine guy she's probably met. What a bitch.
Amy wins.
Digital Dragon

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #64 on: 06-04-2004 18:03 »

While Leela's got a great figure I've always thought she had a pretty ugly face. It's not just the eye, she's got weird lips and a permanant harsh expression on her face. She just can't compete with Amy's cuteness.
John Pannozzi

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #65 on: 06-04-2004 18:21 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:
You shot who in the what now? I've always been in the Leela camp.
I know you're in the Leela camp, but you think Amy is 2nd best
 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:And what does "win miserably" mean?
"Win miserably" in this case means Amy being voted far inferior to Leela.
 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:
    There's a difference: Kif and Amy are allready boyfriend/girlfriend, they would more readily accept being married (it's just a step further than their current relationship, although Amy's reaction to motherhood in KGKUAN does leave some doubts), whereas Fry and Leela go from good friends to marriage in the wink of an eye, with neither of them able to remember what happened.


Good point, but Fry is the niecst guy Leela dated and she got a chance to get married and end her eternal loneliness, and in the end, she divorced him and went back to living alone. Thankfully in the 4ACV eps. (the only ones I've seen as of early June 2004 are KGKUAN, L'sH, OF, SF and tD'sHaiPts) Leela realizes her love for Fry. If only she was more impulsive (but not murdering impulsive like in AOI) and fallen for Fry earlier, oh well, better late than never.
Drunknmunky

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #66 on: 06-04-2004 18:28 »

Sure, Amy is very cute but Leela evidently has larger breasts, and at the end of the day that is what really matters.
CrazyDoc

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #67 on: 06-04-2004 18:30 »

Leela, anyday. I don't find Amy that attractive.
germanfryfan

The Listmaker
Urban Legend
***
« Reply #68 on: 06-04-2004 18:37 »
« Last Edit on: 06-04-2004 18:37 »

Of course Leela, not only because she's damn hot, but also extreme smart.
That she has only one eye wouldn't disturb me, if she was real. Sometimes, I also feel like a cyclops having only 10% sight on my left eye.    laff
John Pannozzi

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #69 on: 06-04-2004 18:51 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Drunknmunky:
Sure, Amy is very cute but Leela evidently has larger breasts, and at the end of the day that is what really matters.

Not to me, believe it or not.
I value personality (and cuteness and hair color) over breasts.
Teral

Helpy McHelphelp
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #70 on: 06-04-2004 19:02 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by John Pannozzi:I know you're in the Leela camp, but you think Amy is 2nd best

Well, the poll (or the show) doesn't really give much choise.  wink

 
Quote
"Win miserably" in this case means Amy being voted far inferior to Leela.

Ofcourse I want Leela to win in a landslide victory.

 
Quote
Good point, but Fry is the niecst guy Leela dated and she got a chance to get married and end her eternal loneliness, and in the end, she divorced him and went back to living alone.

I may be an old cynic, but I don't think getting married is the paramount goal in life, neither for humans nor cartoon characters. And if Leela's only motivation for staying married with Fry was to end her "eternal loneliness", I think the marriage would be heading for the divorce court eventually.

I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but: yes, Leela would probably be happy had she stayed married to Fry, and yes they probably had valid reasons for standing at the alter. We know that, but Leela had no way of knowing for sure. All she knows is that Fry had made some very clumsy advances recently, at times with a rather shady agenda (time shelter, anyone). When Fry's only explanation was "I don't know what I did, but it was probably grand", well...

Now, I'm of searching for more Zed85 fanart.
Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #71 on: 06-04-2004 19:06 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:
Now, I'm of searching for more Zed85 fanart.

Funny, that's just what I was doing!  flirt

Willie: Aye, the servers cannae tak it!

David A

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #72 on: 06-04-2004 19:21 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Drunknmunky:
Sure, Amy is very cute but Leela evidently has larger breasts, and at the end of the day that is what really matters.

Breasts are great, but bigger isn't always better.  There's more to them than size.

Besides, any bigger than a handful, and you'll just sprain your thumbs.   wink
John Pannozzi

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #73 on: 06-04-2004 19:55 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by germanfryfan:
Of course Leela, not only because she's damn hot, but also extreme smart.
Well Amy is fairly intelligent(not as much as Nibbler or Leela, of course), as she fell in love with a kind-hearted guy when she could have married a weathly, handsome jerk.

 
Quote
Originally posted by germanfryfan:
That she has only one eye wouldn't disturb me, if she was real.
http://www.simpworks.com/image.php?cat=1.2.1&name=leela.anime
 http://www.simpworks.com/image.php?cat=1.2.1&name=leela.fry.anime.1
 http://www.simpworks.com/image.php?cat=1.2.1&name=leela.amy.anime2c.gdawson
 http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/imageview.cgi?/Interactive/FanArt/edeltraut/Pictures/none~none~leelakid.jpg
 http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/imageview.cgi?/Interactive/FanArt/sofie/Pictures/none~none~sofieart(45).jpg

Proof that (at least IMHO) Leela should stay a Matt Groening style toon.
John Pannozzi

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #74 on: 06-04-2004 19:59 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Teral:
Of course I want Leela to win in a landslide victory.

But then Amy will seem like an ugly slut.

germanfryfan

The Listmaker
Urban Legend
***
« Reply #75 on: 06-04-2004 20:14 »
« Last Edit on: 06-04-2004 20:14 »

Even if your post is long, use the button to add something to your posts.     wink

   
Quote
Originally posted by John Pannozzi:
     
Quote
Originally posted by germanfryfan:
Of course Leela, not only because she's damn hot, but also extreme smart.
Well Amy is fairly intelligent(not as much as Nibbler or Leela, of course), as she fell in love with a kind-hearted guy when she could have married a weathly, handsome jerk.

Maybe, but I think that Matt Groening and Ken Keeler designed her to be stupid. Look at her: Her first appearance, she hit herself with the ships magnet on the head. In 'I, roommate' she fell twice over the same Banana, in 'Fry and the slurm factory' she slipped on the slime. She has no clue how to hagle in PYHOMS, can't controll a jetpack in 'X-Mas story', she wears the Professors dentures in 'a clone of myown', ... and so on, and so on. This doesn't really show smartness.
 
Quote


You think that anime-style is more human like than Groening's? I also prefer Matt's style but both aren't real. Both are still cartoons.
David A

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #76 on: 06-05-2004 06:38 »
« Last Edit on: 06-05-2004 06:38 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by germanfryfan:
Maybe, but I think that Matt Groening and Ken Keeler designed her to be stupid. Look at her: Her first appearance, she hit herself with the ships magnet on the head. In 'I, roommate' she fell twice over the same Banana, in 'Fry and the slurm factory' she slipped on the slime. She has no clue how to hagle in PYHOMS, can't controll a jetpack in 'X-Mas story', she wears the Professors dentures in 'a clone of myown', ... and so on, and so on. This doesn't really show smartness.

Except for the haggling and the denture thing, those are examples of clumsyness, not stupidity.  Physical coordination has nothing to do with intelligence.

I'll give you the haggling thing, but the denture thing doesn't mean she's stupid.  She probably thought that it was funny (like when Bart put his Grandpa's dentures in his mouth).  Putting someone elses dentures in your mouth is pretty gross, though.  I wouldn't do it.

 
Quote
You think that anime-style is more human like than Groening's?

I do.  At least anime characters have chins and the proper number of fingers.  That's beside the point, though.  The point is that Leela wouldn't look nearly as cute if she were real.  She'd probably look something like Rell, from Krull.  Rell was a great guy, but I wouldn't exactly call him handsome.
Ozor Mox

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #77 on: 06-05-2004 08:11 »

It's a bit odd though how they do it. I mean, you would hardly think a large overbite was cute in real life...

germanfryfan

The Listmaker
Urban Legend
***
« Reply #78 on: 06-05-2004 09:06 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by David A:
 
Except for the haggling and the denture thing, those are examples of clumsyness, not stupidity.  Physical coordination has nothing to do with intelligence.

I'll give you the haggling thing, but the denture thing doesn't mean she's stupid.  She probably thought that it was funny (like when Bart put his Grandpa's dentures in his mouth).  Putting someone elses dentures in your mouth is pretty gross, though.  I wouldn't do it.

You're right on this, forgive me my lack of proper english. What about another example. The WMIBACIL - scene where she takes of the bands from Zoidberg's claws?

   
Quote
I do.  At least anime characters have chins and the proper number of fingers.  That's beside the point, though..

Maybe, it really depends on your personal taste. For me: I don't like anime. 

 
Quote
The point is that Leela wouldn't look nearly as cute if she were real.  She'd probably look something like Rell, from Krull.  Rell was a great guy, but I wouldn't exactly call him handsome

Maybe she would still be damn hot in reality? Who knows, I think we won't find that out. But a man can dream, a man can dream...  cry
M0le

Space Pope
****
« Reply #79 on: 06-05-2004 09:10 »

I'd go with Leela, I'm not much of an Amy fan.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20 Print 
 Topic locked! 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.127 seconds with 19 queries.