That's a smugging good idea Xanfor!
I think you should keep working on it.
Here's another idea for a futurama / red dwarf story. A gateway opens up between the 31st century and 3 million years in the future allowing the red dwarf crew and futurama crew to interact, like in red dwarf VII where the gateway opens between the two red dwarf crews. I would try to write it myself except:
1. I dont have the time ( work full time and have a young child in the house )
2. My writing is grammatically dubious!
3. Iam really quite lazy!
This is a short excerpt that just came to mind.....
Bender has been drinking an alien brew salvaged by the red dwarf crew, this actually makes him falling over drunk instead of refuelling him.....
Cat: 'There's an orange swirly thing coming toward us faster than a spanish rabbit on a springtime honeymoon.'
Lister :(Urgency and panic in voice)'Kryten, for smegs sake have you got the navigation computer working yet?'
(Kryten is at the back of the cockpit surrounded by wires and circuits boards, his head is hanging from his neck by a few straggling cables)
'I'm sorry Sir but its a bit difficult to work when your heads been knocked askew by a drunken brute of a robot.'
Rimmer :(smug and sanctimonious)'If you had all just listened to me in the first place and kept Bender away from the rogue simulant death ale we wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place'
(Bender is drunk and laughing)
Fry: 'Leave Bender alone, Alcohol is his lifeblood, besides have you
ever seen him without beer?'
Rimmer: 'Clearly this didn't agree with him, clearly he has not been replenished by the 45 bottles of this o so fine ale
that you all thought would be so amusing to give him. Was it not obvious when he started unscrewing his groinal plate after the twentieth bottle that this was perhaps not the fount of eternal youth for our shiny bottomed rude friend here, was it not ever more apparent after his thirtieth bottle when he tried to insert camera three into krytens recharge socket in an attempt to see if the sun really did shine out there...'
Fry: 'Kryten really upset him when he tried to polish the groinal plate he'd detached.'
Rimmer: (continues with rant) '...Oh no you had to let him keep going until he was convinced that what the nav computer really needed was the last five bottles of beer poured into its drive slot, Clearly you didn't see it at all, Clearly!'
Leela: 'Would you Boys stop arguing we are about to be pulverised and all you can think off is benders drinking habits'
Bender: 'Oh Yehhhgghh, (really big fire burp)what else could be more important, than my...(stumbles over a console) ooops. Fry would you get me another beer.
Rimmer: 'For smegs sake would someone get that idiotic robot out the way'
Benders :(Stumbles toward Rimmer)'Bite my shiny metal ass H boy!' (Falls Over)
Actually the whole process of thinking about the above dialogue has started of some other ideas about how the RD and Futurama crew might engage, here's some thoughts to stir further discussion:
1. I think Benders laziness would disgust Kryten with his over arching sense of duty to humanity, Likewise Bender would see Kryten as a stuck up, tight ass and would probably wind him up endlessly. I could see the potential for a lot of funny confrontation between them.
2. There might be potential for a Lister / Leela shippy theme, particularly as they are both 'the captains' of their ships. You could see the others messing about and Lister and Leela saving the day, this could bring them closer together ultimately in a romantic way.
3. Rimmer and Hermes would work together in trying to compile petty regulations to keep the crew in order, but would also get into petty debates again over the intricacies of said rules which Rimmer always tends to get wrong ( as in his multiple misquotes of the space core directives manual throughout the episodes of red dwarf ).