Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    Human Resource Department    The Shipper Thread Version III-Ship Harder! « previous next »
 Topic locked! 
Author Topic: The Shipper Thread Version III-Ship Harder!  (Read 25766 times)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 Print
any1else

Space Pope
****
« Reply #600 on: 12-20-2006 08:56 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Fry_B:
Aha...Um...Look, I have to know. What does Mazzie come from? As you can see I'm still clueless

Well, specifically, 'Mazzie' is what my best friend's mum started calling me once and it became one in a long chain of nicknames all originating from 'Marilyn'. How excitingly on topic.  roll eyes
Haha. Seriously, is that what you wanted to know?   hmpf
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #601 on: 12-20-2006 09:03 »

Now that he has your name, he can start performing Voodoo rituals.
any1else

Space Pope
****
« Reply #602 on: 12-20-2006 09:06 »

Stupid top of the page. I'll show you typing and posting things...

Voodoo, eh? I hope that comes in peach.
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #603 on: 12-20-2006 09:07 »

I... yes...

We're not being shippy enough. Come here and let me kiss you.
any1else

Space Pope
****
« Reply #604 on: 12-20-2006 09:21 »

Oh my...Well I guess I am already in my pyjamas.
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #605 on: 12-20-2006 09:22 »

Even better....
Cyberphobia

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #606 on: 12-20-2006 10:04 »

I was gonna reply to something Fry_B said earlier but I don't want to disturb this moment. I might come back later...

*Pretends to creep out but quickly hides around the corner to spy*


Ahhh I'll just say it anyway because I'll forget later. But I'll talk softly.
Fry B: Why is the second DD thread a son? Can't it be a daughter?


I think I ruined the moment.
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #607 on: 12-20-2006 11:20 »

That's okay. We went off to MSN so we wouldn't make this place stink of sweat.
jle1993

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #608 on: 12-20-2006 16:14 »

If I didn't already fancy someone, okay two people, I'd be getting jeolous right now  wink
I'll just spy on you guys instead big grin
Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #609 on: 12-20-2006 18:49 »

Voyeurism is good.

That's why porno is so popular.

So you have two people you fancy?  I hope that the feelings are returned.
Decapodian

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #610 on: 12-20-2006 20:19 »

*pops into thread to spy on Joel and Mazzie*

KISS! KISS! KISS!
for some reason people say I'm a moodkiller. I wonder why?

@jle1993 2 people??  You go girl!
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #611 on: 12-20-2006 22:51 »

Like dropping a lolly-pop into a basement full of rabid toddlers...
any1else

Space Pope
****
« Reply #612 on: 12-21-2006 01:05 »

 laff Oh your god...What do these people want, a role play?
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #613 on: 12-21-2006 01:21 »

Okay, but this time YOU be the nurse. The costume did not look good on me.
any1else

Space Pope
****
« Reply #614 on: 12-21-2006 01:29 »

Aww  frown I thought it did.
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #615 on: 12-21-2006 01:30 »

Well... it looks better on you.
any1else

Space Pope
****
« Reply #616 on: 12-21-2006 01:34 »

Okay fine. I'll be the nurse and you be the female patient. Jeesh. So fussy.  roll eyes
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #617 on: 12-21-2006 02:04 »

...but... aww... fine...
Fry_B

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #618 on: 12-21-2006 07:02 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by coldangel_1:
...but... aww... fine...

[F-B, coming in late, running] Wha'? Where? When? Oh no... Did anyone tape it ?? Awwww.. Come Oooon! Do it again!

And on Voodoo: I got several dolls from Thailand. Hmmm... did THAT hurt Maz? No? (Well that was the ugliest puppet, and not even (red) haired. Next...)

And Cyber, I just thought of the 'Son of a gun' or something expression, that's all. Not to say that DD was a bitch... was it? Yes, it was a bitch to manage - I'm soo happy it was closed... prematurely. I had no time to thank anyone, and then I discovered you can't edit posts in a closed thread, so Shiny mislead me. Great. Mislead and unsatisfied... cry

coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #619 on: 12-21-2006 07:05 »

And your last concert tour undersold. It just wasn't your year. Oh well, here's hoping 2007 will be bright and prosperous for you.
Decapodian

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #620 on: 12-22-2006 00:52 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Fry_B:


And on Voodoo: I got several dolls from Thailand. Hmmm... did THAT hurt Maz? No? (Well that was the ugliest puppet, and not even (red) haired. Next...)


I have some excellent voodoo dolls except the one of Coldangel doesnt work for some reason..

*mutters*
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #621 on: 12-22-2006 01:33 »

Guys and dolls....

Voodoo don't work on me, laddie - I'm a Jedi.
jle1993

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #622 on: 12-22-2006 09:59 »

So we use Sithdoo on you instead...
HipNoJoe
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #623 on: 12-22-2006 17:03 »

Sorry to interrupt, but this still seems like the best thread to post this. Is it just a coincidence that both the balcony scene from Devil's Hands (Leela, when this is over I'm going to ask you out on a date...) and the kiss/"mmm, and you're honey glazed" sticky Fry scene from The Sting were cut? I'm thinking that they decided they couldn't let Leela show too much attraction to Fry otherwise it would be a foregone conclusion that they'd be together at the very end. Are there other cut "shippy" secenes that I can't think of right now?
PazuzuJr

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #624 on: 12-22-2006 17:23 »

Don't know about the cut scenes but...

Does anyone else thing leela is quite selfish? She only seems to like fry when she is impressed such as in 'The Devils Hands Are Idol Play Things' when Fry can play the holophoner and 'parisites lost' where fry becomes smarter, fitter and can again, play the holophoner. She also likes him when he risks his life to get her a gift in 'X-mas Story'. She also likes him in the sting in her subcontious but that could also to be to do with either her guilt or what Fry is sayinmg to her while she is in coma.

Besides that she only seems to like guys who have some-thing to show for them-selves. She bragged about her Boy-Fried in 'The why Of Fry' (can't quite remember his name) being mayors Aid, she saw Adlai as a 'Tall Doctor,' and when she was convincing edna to like zoidy she went 'he's a doctor honey'
To me she seems to only like people who are successful and talented even, if like most her datyes, they are herks. What do you think?
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #625 on: 12-22-2006 19:40 »

HipNoJoe - I think you're right. Just a way of keeping the fans guessing and leaving the UST hanging unresolved. It is a big draw-card in any TV show.
I can't think of any others at this moment...

Pazuzu - You are right, although we can kind of forgive her for some of that due to her upbringing and difficult social status ('orphen', cyclops).
Through the oppression of her childhood she's likely developed a very strong desire to prove herself worthy, and that mindset would carry over to other people. The Orphenarium gave her a kind of dog-eat-dog view of life, where if a person hasn't made something noteworthy of themselves then they aren't worth knowing because they'll only drag you down with them - this is a survival instinct, to attach yourself to the strongest in the herd, as it were.
However, the final scene in Devil's Hands shows that she may be getting over this ingrained psychological conditioning. Fry's happy-go-lucky influence, as well as having found her parents, would have aided on that score.
Fry_B

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #626 on: 12-23-2006 04:54 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by PazuzuJr:
Don't know about the cut scenes but...

Does anyone else thing leela is quite selfish? She only seems to like fry when she is impressed such as in 'The Devils Hands Are Idol Play Things' when Fry can play the holophoner and 'parisites lost' where fry becomes smarter, fitter and can again, play the holophoner. She also likes him when he risks his life to get her a gift in 'X-mas Story'. She also likes him in the sting in her subcontious but that could also to be to do with either her guilt or what Fry is sayinmg to her while she is in coma.

Besides that she only seems to like guys who have some-thing to show for them-selves. She bragged about her Boy-Fried in 'The why Of Fry' (can't quite remember his name) being mayors Aid, she saw Adlai as a 'Tall Doctor,' and when she was convincing edna to like zoidy she went 'he's a doctor honey'
To me she seems to only like people who are successful and talented even, if like most her datyes, they are herks. What do you think?


Whhoaaa... wait till Shiny sees this post  smile

Anywayz... just like the Futurama charac ters, I am evolving  wink so I went through views of Leela as 1) strong woman 2) bitch 3) 1) and 2) then 4)(resulting from 3): realistic type of woman (i.e. not made up), and so on...

So... what do you expect? If wou wanted to model the average 30 yrs old woman in the Western society what would you show? (That's in between Gen X and Gen Y I believe). I believe the answer is that you would have to download 'Leela' off Kidnapster into a blank bot to achieve that purpose.

Note: this is not a reference to women being animated bots, or inferior, or whatsoever some twisted mind may make up. It's just a Futurama-related interpretation. Awww-kay?

And sorry I was absent, I'm going through  some hectic XMas renovations - and for example the plumber showed up today, SAT, at 6pm sharp. I was in my undies, not having brushed my teeth or been to the toilet (properly, hehe) or anything. Sweet. Oh, and I also fell of a ladder today. Wanna see my wounds ?
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #627 on: 12-23-2006 06:48 »

Yes. Wounds are fun.
...for others, not so much the wounded.

jle1993

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #628 on: 12-24-2006 05:31 »

HAHAHA, ehem, sorry, I have a sadistic sense of humor
HipNoJoe
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #629 on: 12-24-2006 15:58 »

I got to thinking about that cut balcony scene (partial scene) from Devil's Hands again, and it hit me that it reminds me of Leela's reactions to Fry in Parasites. I'm too rushed right now to re-watch it, but she says something to the effect that she's really moved by his hidden talent (rather than his unswerving commitment to her). Reminds me of the "I love what you've become" line a bit too much; she means it as a compliment but it feels like a pin prick in the heart.

On the other hand I go back to her whish that Fry were good enough that other people didn't think he was "crummy."  I don't think he'd need to become terribly successful or buff or whatever, but that she'd stop holding him off at arm's length if he'd make some simple changes. The holophoner practice seems like it is emblematic of him giving it a try. It'll work out, right? (They've got me hooked more than any housewife on any soap opera; I'm counting the days to '08.

By the way, happy Xmas all you Xmas people! Do you have the '07 calendar yet? Now off to blow some cash, the true meaning of the season!
PazuzuJr

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #630 on: 12-24-2006 16:01 »

I understand she had a harsh up-bringing but i do find leela really picky and horrid to Fry. She can't like him just what he does, like HipNoJoe said - she loves what he becomes, not him
Fry_B

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #631 on: 12-25-2006 04:44 »
« Last Edit on: 12-25-2006 04:44 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by HipNoJoe:
I got to thinking about that cut balcony scene (partial scene) from Devil's Hands again, and it hit me that it reminds me of Leela's reactions to Fry in Parasites. I'm too rushed right now to re-watch it, but she says something to the effect that she's really moved by his hidden talent (rather than his unswerving commitment to her). Reminds me of the "I love what you've become" line a bit too much; she means it as a compliment but it feels like a pin prick in the heart.

On the other hand I go back to her whish that Fry were good enough that other people didn't think he was "crummy."  I don't think he'd need to become terribly successful or buff or whatever, but that she'd stop holding him off at arm's length if he'd make some simple changes. The holophoner practice seems like it is emblematic of him giving it a try. It'll work out, right? (They've got me hooked more than any housewife on any soap opera; I'm counting the days to '08.

By the way, happy Xmas all you Xmas people! Do you have the '07 calendar yet? Now off to blow some cash, the true meaning of the season!

HNJ, we debated this quite a lot in the Deep Down Thread and the previous Shipper Thread I believe. Including Leela's weakness for artists and some other (uglier) tendencies, such as getting Fry to walk her pet while she was about to snoo-snoo that Mayor's aide - in the The Why of Fry - I personally can't go over that one easily no matter what Shiny says   smile

[EDIT] Me-he-he-he-rry Christmas, Futurama Shippers! May your Futurama related XMas wish come true, even if it involves nudity, explicit language and sex scenes!
any1else

Space Pope
****
« Reply #632 on: 12-25-2006 04:47 »

I mentioned this somewhere, about it annoying me that Leela only seemed to like Fry when he was 'better', it was when I first saw Devil's Hands, I can't be bothered finding the post but I did say she made up for it by sticking around for the end of his opera. She was...mending her ways you might say.
Fry_B

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #633 on: 12-25-2006 04:53 »
« Last Edit on: 12-25-2006 04:53 »

   
Quote
Originally posted by any1else:
I mentioned this somewhere, about it annoying me that Leela only seemed to like Fry when he was 'better', it was when I first saw Devil's Hands, I can't be bothered finding the post but I did say she made up for it by sticking around for the end of his opera. She was...mending her ways you might say.

Mazzie... Merry XMas girl! Er... in Devil's Hands she finally acted on her love for Fry. She realised she loves him in The Sting. Now she acted. Finally. Some women are like that, you know? (Well do ya?     smile - you seem to be one) - they suddenly click - somehow they decide to go for it. Well, men too.

You have read another deep analysis from Dr. O alias Fry_B. XMas mood, wine aplenty... people calling me ...(sigh)...gotta go.. oh and BTW check the XMas pic in the Son Daughter of a DD thread
Cyberphobia

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #634 on: 12-25-2006 05:32 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Fry_B:
Son Daughter of a DD thread[/URL]

Finally you have learnt.  big grin
Fry_B

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #635 on: 12-25-2006 16:53 »

[@Ralph Snart]

'ey Ralphie, your friendly mail provider is rejecting my answer mail as spam. Well my mails may not be ultimate works of art, but still... I mailed them but still have the same prob. What Now ?
Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #636 on: 12-25-2006 19:05 »
« Last Edit on: 12-25-2006 19:05 »

I don't know why this is happening.  Teral, coldangel and you have this problem with Comcast.  I'll call them and ask them about it.

Try my alternate emails:

eleanor_999@hotmail.com

or

sledgehammer_96@yahoo.com

You can try the ralphsnart@comcast.net addy again.  After attempting to speak to the guy from India for an hour, I think the bugs are worked out...
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #637 on: 12-25-2006 19:48 »

Merry X-mas everyone.

And as the Ghost of Xmas past, I'll remind you all that way back in Xmas story Leela was ready to smooch Fry unfer the TOW-missile... er, mistletoe... in one of those moments where all her unnecessary fabricated prerequsites of acceptibility completely crumbled.

...Hope you all had a nice Christmas.
Fry_B

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #638 on: 12-26-2006 05:28 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Ralph Snart:
I don't know why this is happening.  Teral, coldangel and you have this problem with Comcast.  I'll call them and ask them about it.

Try my alternate emails:

eleanor_999@hotmail.com

or

sledgehammer_96@yahoo.com

You can try the ralphsnart@comcast.net addy again.  After attempting to speak to the guy from India for an hour, I think the bugs are worked out...

Ok, I asked them to unblock my IP, then I got another block. Wrote to them again. And I didn't even use Hotmail or Yahoo or whatever. Anywayz. I spent 1/2 hr writing the mail and taking pics of the bike and another half mailing to Comcast so you better read it when/if you get it - heheh  smile India, eh? good, the wonders of outsourcing...

UPDATE: it seems it did not bounce (SEEMS). Anyway. Will try other stuff if necvessary.

[@ColdAngel number one]

The closest framegrab I could find... no fan art unfortunately - who would care making one based on Fry & Leela kissing under the mistletoe, maybe seen though Santa's TOW missile aiming scope (with the crosshair and stuff)?  smile



Yes, CA, the Xmas Story episode was quite nice... because Fry and Leela were both lonely at Christmas and you could feel Fry's sadness and Leela's anguish... For Fry it was rather new, but for Leela it was a lifelong burden... So there was a strong reason for them to GET TOGETHER.

Of course, you can relate to this no matter what, but especially if you are the social type (and being a woman seems to add to the need for somebody else - this is from my personal experience... with women). Female PEELers may want to correct me... or not.
coldangel

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #639 on: 12-26-2006 05:48 »

Hehe, yeah. look at them. They're so into each other.
Good idea for fan-art... I may or may not do it in future... for now here's a slightly different mistletoe-related shippy xmas pic that I did a week or two ago:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 Print 
 Topic locked! 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.188 seconds with 17 queries.