Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    Human Resource Department    Al Gore « previous next »
Author Topic: Al Gore  (Read 1234 times)
Pages: 1 [2] Print
CrapBag

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #40 on: 05-09-2006 21:40 »

I like george bush
I don't like people who bash him for no reason
sure there are people on this board that have explained their reason for not liking him
but you Yardstick seem like you know shit about what hes done
I am probalby the biggest George Bush supporter on the board
BUT I LIKE FUTURAMA MORE!
ShaBuBu
Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #41 on: 05-10-2006 03:51 »

what the hell is this?
Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #42 on: 05-10-2006 06:18 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by CrapBag:
I like george bush
I don't like people who bash him for no reason
sure there are people on this board that have explained their reason for not liking him
but you Yardstick seem like you know shit about what hes done
I am probalby the biggest George Bush supporter on the board
BUT I LIKE FUTURAMA MORE!

I wasnt even talking to you, CB, I have no idea why you are so upset about something that has nothing to do with you.

@Space Case, I was partly joking about liking Bush. Its just that many of the Gore dislikers I have talked to like Bush better.

Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #43 on: 05-10-2006 08:48 »

@ Yardy:

Anything placed on a public board is open for anybody to add their $.02 worth.  If you want a private conversation, then take it to e-mail.  Spacey has offered to do that, and I offer the same.  If Crapbag or Teral or Nix or YourMommasColon wants to wade in and add to the conversation, then they are entitled.

As for liking Dubya better than Gore - I admit that I do.  Dubya doesn't play games, he doesn't need some high-paid Hollywood script-writer to tell him to be 'more alpha-male' (Gore did this in 2000); during the debates of 2000, Dubya was the same person at each debate whereas in each of the three, Gore had a different personna for each one.

Gore should have been swept into office by a landslide, but his personality killed him.

I voted for Dubya - only because there was no other alternative.  I would have much prefered John McCain.  I am an unabashed conservative with some liberal tendacies, but the chances of me voting for a democrat are the same as Hell freezing over for three days...

Have you seen and heard Gore since 2000?  He's gained more weight than Ron Jeremy and his speeches sounds like he's become truely mentally and emotionally unhinged.

He's bad enough that Bernard Goldberg rated him as # 18 of the 'Top 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America'.

I still feel that Bush has a lot to answer for, but President Gore - I don't think so.

But Gore does have good taste in TV Shows...
TriggerHappyJim

Professor
*
« Reply #44 on: 05-10-2006 08:58 »

Could we drag this over to the politics thread?
Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #45 on: 05-10-2006 09:08 »

THJ - The title is 'Al Gore'.  The man is a career politician.  How can you have a thread about the man and politics not enter?  Would you get upset if we had a 'Matt Groening' thread and it dealt with The Simpsons and Life In Hell with very little Futurama discussion?

Still, I have offered to continue the pro vs. con Al Gore discussion via e-mail.

TriggerHappyJim

Professor
*
« Reply #46 on: 05-10-2006 09:12 »
« Last Edit on: 05-10-2006 09:12 »

   
Quote
Originally posted by Ralph Snart:
THJ - The title is 'Al Gore'.  The man is a career politician.  How can you have a thread about the man and politics not enter?  Would you get upset if we had a 'Matt Groening' thread and it dealt with The Simpsons and Life In Hell with very little Futurama discussion?

No, I just think that the conversation this has turned into would be better suited to the politics thread. More prople are likely to contribute there as well.

And also, I don't need a simplified version. I may be younger than you but I am not an idiot, so stop looking down on me.
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #47 on: 05-10-2006 20:16 »

Or we could keep it over here and give on-topic something of a small-scale revival.
Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #48 on: 05-10-2006 22:24 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by TriggerHappyJim:
   
And also, I don't need a simplified version. I may be younger than you but I am not an idiot, so stop looking down on me.

I've never thought of as an idiot and have never called you an idiot.  I just defended my postion of Al Gore being a politician and eventually a thread about him would eventually evolve (devolve?) into his politics.  no no

As for the simplified version - I get enough grief from others about long-winded stories and explanations.  It just goes to prove that you can't please everybody.  wink


ShaBuBu
Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #49 on: 05-11-2006 03:04 »

stop arguing everyone....
Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #50 on: 05-11-2006 03:19 »
« Last Edit on: 05-11-2006 03:19 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by TriggerHappyJim:
   No, I just think that the conversation this has turned into would be better suited to the politics thread. More prople are likely to contribute there as well.

And also, I don't need a simplified version. I may be younger than you but I am not an idiot, so stop looking down on me.

Jesus, take a chill pill, Trigg! Ralph wasnt tring to talk down to you, he was only explaining to you why a thread about Al Gore would turn into one about polotics.

Al Gore+forum full of opinionated people= heated political debate

There, simple enough for you? Good. Now go play on your tricycle, Little Jimmy.

   tongue
Slurm

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #51 on: 05-11-2006 06:14 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Ralph Snart:
Believe me, Al Gore is a political opportunist of the highest degree

What politician isn't?
Nobody gets to be a presidental candidate without being a political opportunist and since Bush won I gotta give credit for being a better political opportunist.

 
Quote
Originally posted by Ralph Snart:
As for liking Dubya better than Gore - I admit that I do. Dubya doesn't play games, he doesn't need some high-paid Hollywood script-writer to tell him to be 'more alpha-male' (Gore did this in 2000); during the debates of 2000

Dubya doesn't play games? are you serious?
The guy is every bit as fake as Gore, do you really believe he is the plain-spoken Texas straight shooter he presents himself as?
Do you believe he is the cowboy he pretends to be? those photoshoots of him cutting wood are laughable, this guy is all about image.

CrapBag

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #52 on: 05-14-2006 21:19 »
« Last Edit on: 05-14-2006 21:19 »

how can anybody judge anyone on solely what the Media shows you?
the american people don't know anything about Bush. we can think hes an average joe, whos good with politics, or hes just doing that to relate to people.
same goes for gore, we know nothing  of him, therefore cannot draw a conclusion on whether he's "fake" or not.

I'm just gonna say Bush comes from a wealthy family, so he probalby doesnt cut wood

yardstick, when you call Jim 'jimmy' it seems like you're talking down to him. i dont always agree with him, but show some respect
my man-wich!

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #53 on: 05-15-2006 02:17 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Yardstick2006:
 I wasnt even talking to you, CB, I have no idea why you are so upset about something that has nothing to do with you.


huh?, were ralph and THJ talking to you?

Kryten

Space Pope
****
« Reply #54 on: 05-16-2006 02:18 »

Okay, can we please keep the discussion on Al Gore, as he relates to Futurama? Keep the politics out of it or I'm closing the thread.
Ralph Snart

Agent Provocateur
Near Death Star Inhabitant
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #55 on: 05-16-2006 03:41 »

I have to admit that I'd like to see Al Gore's head on the new DVD's.  It appears that the Earth in the year 3000+ is a really wrecked-up place (no ozone layer, global warming, no rain forests, etc.)  It would be nice to see what Al would be trying to save - there doesn't seem like too much enviroment is left to protect.

Of course his face does adorn the 500 dollar bill...

(I hope this fits in Kryten's criterior  wink)
SpaceCase

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #56 on: 05-16-2006 12:19 »
« Last Edit on: 09-09-2009 18:53 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Ralph Snart:
... It appears that the Earth in the year 3000+ is a really wrecked-up place... It would be nice to see what Al would be trying to save - there doesn't seem like too much environment is left to protect...

One word Raplh; Terraforming. roll eyes

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.121 seconds with 17 queries.