This is a short overview of the POTM rules. For more general information, see the wikipeelia entry on POTM
At the start of each month, the very best PEELer of the previous month is established in a two-phase nomination and polling process.Nomination phase:
- Everyone is allowed to nominate up to 3 PEELers in the current nomination thread.
- Nominated PEELers need to have made a post during the previous month or will not be counted.
- The nomination process lasts 5 days from the opening of the nomination thread.
- No self-nominations will be allowed and no multiple nominations from any one nominator to any one nominee will be counted either.
- Nominators are encouraged to give a concise reason as to why they think their nominees are worthy of being a POTM. However, nominations without reasons will still be counted. Copy and use the following code to make it easier for the POTM moderators to count your nominations:
[*][b] *NOMINEE1* [/b] - reason 1
[*][b] *NOMINEE2* [/b] - reason 2
[*][b] *NOMINEE3* [/b] - reason 3
- No POTM of the last 12 months is eligible to be become POTM in the current poll. So don't nominate them. A list of recent POTM winners will be posted in the nomination thread.
- Up to 10 nominees (with the most nominations) will be included in a poll to be started by a POTM moderator after the nomination process is over.
- The poll will be open for 5 days.
- Every PEELer may cast one vote. The vote is final.
- Results are not displayed until after the 5-day polling period expired.
- Should there be a tie in the votes, run-off polls may be initiated by the POTM moderators.
Becoming a POTM comes with honor and pride but without privileges.