Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    The Wish Void    How many people in each rank? « previous next »
 Topic locked! 
Author Topic: How many people in each rank?  (Read 1596 times)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Otis P Jivefunk

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #40 on: 10-29-2001 14:22 »

Drippy_Taco will soon be a Professor too, I've got a lot of work to do.

Doe's a TOTP lazy Dance to celibrate.
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #41 on: 10-29-2001 16:05 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Chump:
Kennedy, do you have any idea how long it would take to get all the popplers, delivery boys and crustaceans? Theres probably around 400 people who posted once, then stopped.

Think about it. There's people who are new to the internet, learning and will get better, people who only go for a reference to a site and abandon it after or people who become regulars somewhere for a pro-longed ammount of time, for months and months.
A person can have 2 posts, one asking for something and another for thanking for an answer and just leaving. Others, like me, have been here for a long time and have many posts and others who are really new, like August-September, who have just about as many posts as me. It all depends. I think at least 50% of those who don't have over 100 posts won't ever get to Starship Captain or even 200 posts.

   
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #42 on: 10-29-2001 16:07 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Nurdbot:
Tweek's now a Professer....

There, an example of someone who has only been here a few weeks and still possibly considered a Newbie and that has lots of posts, about as many as someone who has been here since March, like me or even before me. I've been here visiting since February and have about 850+ posts.

   
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #43 on: 10-29-2001 16:08 »

 
Code:
if ( $thisprofile[0] eq "edeltraut" ) { ######### edel wants no rank

and no, i won't do other exceptions, cause its a big nono to include such things in code   wink

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh heh, you always satisfy users with what want.  wink

   
Otis P Jivefunk

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #44 on: 11-18-2001 06:10 »

Just so you know Greg, I'm now a Professor.
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #45 on: 11-18-2001 09:29 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Otis P Jivefunk:
Just so you know Greg, I'm now a Professor.

Cool. Congratulations.

   
winna

Avatar Czar
DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #46 on: 11-19-2001 11:12 »

Can we get a page that shows how many posts it takes to gain each rank???  I know people ask what are the ranks all the time, and not many people seem to remember.  Is this a possibility?

To those whom I have loved...
[-mArc-]

Administrator
Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #47 on: 11-19-2001 11:57 »

here is a page
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #48 on: 11-19-2001 13:48 »

Well, if any official or un-official list of users in certain ranks are updated, I'm in Professor now.  smile

   
winna

Avatar Czar
DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #49 on: 11-19-2001 14:40 »

Thanks marc!

To those whom I have loved...
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #50 on: 11-20-2001 15:43 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Greg Durand:
 Think about it. There's people who are new to the internet, learning and will get better, people who only go for a reference to a site and abandon it after or people who become regulars somewhere for a pro-longed ammount of time, for months and months.
A person can have 2 posts, one asking for something and another for thanking for an answer and just leaving. Others, like me, have been here for a long time and have many posts and others who are really new, like August-September, who have just about as many posts as me. It all depends. I think at least 50% of those who don't have over 100 posts won't ever get to Starship Captain or even 200 posts.


Well, I intend to carry on posting here with all you wonderful PEELers and all the extra-wonderful mods (insert ass here).

I intend to reach Liquid emporer sometime over the next century or so, and in the interests of this please could somebody answer the following: Am I still considered a Newbie, and if so, when am I not?
Do I post
a) Loads of crap
b) Small amounts of crap, peppered with witty thought provoking insights
c) A normal, healthy amount of each
d) Enough crap to get on peoples nerves?

Just so I know whether or not to curb the amount of posts I am submitting.

Thanks in advance guys (and girls too   love ).

winna

Avatar Czar
DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #51 on: 11-22-2001 02:05 »

Newbie doesn't mean much, it just means people don't know you too well.  To unbecome a newbie just be yourself.  Your not a newbie anymore when people recognize you.  I warn you though don't annoy people, they hate that.

To those whom I have loved...
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #52 on: 11-22-2001 14:03 »

Yeah, it's about time being here, recognition and respect, and posts. In that order, as posts aren't necessarily so big. I mean, just look at slimmyCGEF (Andie), he's an Administrator, has been here for over a year and he's well-respected and known.

   
Tweek

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #53 on: 11-22-2001 14:13 »

Time being here is doesn't mean much, somebody that joined last year, made a few posts and left for a long time might as well be a newbie when they start posting again, what matters is the quality of what you say, and the respect you treat others with. Also those with official positions that keep the board running smoothly have earned respect.
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #54 on: 11-22-2001 14:22 »

Yeah, I know what you mean. It also depends on the 'general spirit' of the community and its members.

   
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #55 on: 11-24-2001 07:01 »

Thanks guys. Thoughts to think about!
Nurdbot

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #56 on: 11-25-2001 05:31 »
« Last Edit on: 11-25-2001 05:31 »

I have been on this board for Almost 4 months.My Posts are now Feared and people lose half there Brain Power reading one of my bad posts.I am on the Program though.*Crosses fingers behind his back*
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #57 on: 11-25-2001 08:32 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Nurdbot:
I have been on this board for Almost 4 months.My Posts are now Feared and people lose half there Brain Power reading one of my bad posts.I am on the Program though.*Crosses fingers behind his back*

Wow....

   
drew

Crustacean
*
« Reply #58 on: 11-25-2001 11:47 »

  I was also thinking, instead of just seeing the ranks, wouldn't it be nice to view post counts?
drew

Crustacean
*
« Reply #59 on: 11-25-2001 11:49 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Tweek:
Time being here is doesn't mean much, somebody that joined last year, made a few posts and left for a long time might as well be a newbie when they start posting again, what matters is the quality of what you say, and the respect you treat others with. Also those with official positions that keep the board running smoothly have earned respect.
  I'v seen some messages boards where you can rate members. That would be a good idea.

Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #60 on: 11-25-2001 15:29 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by drew:
  I was also thinking, instead of just seeing the ranks, wouldn't it be nice to view post counts?

The post counts used to be shown, but not anymore. Just view someone's profile to get the post count of the user.

   
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #61 on: 11-25-2001 15:30 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by drew:
 
Quote
Originally posted by Tweek:
Time being here is doesn't mean much, somebody that joined last year, made a few posts and left for a long time might as well be a newbie when they start posting again, what matters is the quality of what you say, and the respect you treat others with. Also those with official positions that keep the board running smoothly have earned respect.
  I'v seen some messages boards where you can rate members. That would be a good idea.


That's on UBB and I don't like it. Besides, it wouldn't be something people here would want. You can't really rate members on InfoPop anyway, unless Marc could make some script.  wink

   
Ainoth

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #62 on: 11-25-2001 19:12 »

Frankly, I don't like the ranks. It seems to inspire people to post spam or to split up single thoughts into multiple articles. That wouldn't be a problem, if those posts wouldn't enlarge the time untill the thread is displayed and wouldn't confuse the layout of the thread.

But since so many of you people seem to be fond of those ranks - my opinion isn't important.

Ainoth
rach_the_tall

Space Pope
****
« Reply #63 on: 11-26-2001 05:55 »
« Last Edit on: 11-26-2001 05:55 »

Gah, ranks are fun. That's why we have them, it's not that your opinion isn't important, everybody has their own opinion and that should be respected. Don't be so self defeatist.
winna

Avatar Czar
DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #64 on: 11-26-2001 06:06 »

I'm beginning to believe this thread is getting off course. *cough* close it *cough*
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #65 on: 11-26-2001 13:56 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Ainoth:
Frankly, I don't like the ranks. It seems to inspire people to post spam or to split up single thoughts into multiple articles. That wouldn't be a problem, if those posts wouldn't enlarge the time untill the thread is displayed and wouldn't confuse the layout of the thread.

But since so many of you people seem to be fond of those ranks - my opinion isn't important.

Ainoth

Hmm, you're right, but it's just how InfoPop and other message board scripts are installed, to archive post counts and ranks. Although, Marc can, as he does for edeltraut, remove it for all of us, but many do like it. I don't spam nor do I like posting uselessly, but others do like message boards much more than me, so yeah...

   
Ainoth

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #66 on: 11-28-2001 04:09 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by rach_the_tall:
Gah, ranks are fun. That's why we have them, it's not that your opinion isn't important, everybody has their own opinion and that should be respected. Don't be so self defeatist.

I didn't mean to sound defeatist, but I respect the majorities wish to keep up the ranking system. I just wanted to articulate my thoughts and concerns about it without sounding bossy.
Just Chris

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #67 on: 11-30-2001 21:24 »

I wish they had rankings over there at the Springfield Message board. I'd be a starship captain, only there it might be something like Mr. Burns' assistant (eww). Can't I transfer in some of my posts from other boards? I'll be glad to fill out a PEEL transfer application if it's available.  big grin
Teral

Helpy McHelphelp
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #68 on: 11-30-2001 21:45 »
« Last Edit on: 11-30-2001 21:45 »

I bet they have a transfer form down at Central Bureaucracy (Est. 2156 A.D. License Pending). Just watch out for the red tape and the beholders.   wink
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #69 on: 12-01-2001 10:44 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Just Chris:
I wish they had rankings over there at the Springfield Message board. I'd be a starship captain, only there it might be something like Mr. Burns' assistant (eww). Can't I transfer in some of my posts from other boards? I'll be glad to fill out a PEEL transfer application if it's available.   big grin

Yeah, I would be a Professor like here, too.  smile I've been registered at SMB since January (although I got my member-ship lost, since I first registered and visited in September 2000), so I have about 1,030 posts there (among the top few dozen posters  smile), but if I still had my member-ship, I would have about 1,230. Oh well.

It's because it's a UBB board, though, that it won't show ranks more than Junior Member and Member. They used to have it, when it was InfoPop, though. SMB is a stiff message board 'community,' so many think that would be gay to what they like. It's unfortunate, because SMB really goes back...

   
Ricky

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #70 on: 12-03-2001 07:29 »

Ranks are a vital part of PEEL's everyday life. Shall not be removed...
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #71 on: 12-03-2001 14:09 »

Yes, indeed, that's true.

   
Otis P Jivefunk

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #72 on: 12-03-2001 16:14 »

Ranks are cool, well at least when you have plenty of posts.
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #73 on: 12-04-2001 14:08 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Otis P Jivefunk:
Ranks are cool, well at least when you have plenty of posts.

Indeed.

   
Tweek

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #74 on: 12-04-2001 15:22 »

They are fun even when you have a low post cout as you get rapid promotion. I though it was cool when I got to be a delivery boy  big grin
Nixorbo

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #75 on: 12-04-2001 16:58 »

How long did that take you?  A day?
Tweek

UberMod
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #76 on: 12-04-2001 17:01 »

A few days to a week, I started off slowly  tongue
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #77 on: 12-05-2001 13:55 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Tweek:
They are fun even when you have a low post cout as you get rapid promotion. I though it was cool when I got to be a delivery boy   big grin

Yeah, I didn't post much in my first 2 weeks or so. I got to about 24 posts in a week or so. Then I started really posting and got to around 50. I couldn't find the board for about a month, since it moved, then within 2 days I hit 100 posts, which was really cool for me to become a Bending Unit.  smile Then a few months later a Starship Captain and just a few weeks ago a Professor. I know what's next for me.  big grin  wink
But, you see, I took my time to deserve this with balance.  tongue

   
Greg Durand
Bending Unit
***
« Reply #78 on: 12-05-2001 13:56 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Tweek:
A few days to a week, I started off slowly   tongue

And now you spend lots of time on the board, zooming past. Meh, it's cool but not that big of a deal.  tongue

   
futurefreak

salutatory committee member
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #79 on: 12-30-2001 23:42 »

im still waiting for a NEW rank, marc  wink
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
 Topic locked! 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.185 seconds with 17 queries.