Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    General Disscussion    Major Religion « previous next »
Author Topic: Major Religion  (Read 1876 times)
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
chay´s head

Space Pope
****
« on: 01-26-2004 22:58 »
« Last Edit on: 01-26-2004 22:58 »

well they said it "soon to be a major religion" it hasnt really happened yet, unless a religion is a bunch of crazed fans disscussing it,(hmmmm actually....), ANYWHO, lets make this happen,
1. who should our god be (a galaxy that collided with a space station)
2. commandments? (thou shalt not forgive fox)
3. special days of the year? mayby a new calendar system, 1AF (1 year after futurama)

anything else for our soon to be major religion?

"Dan1248" - If we can't break his spirit, lets just break his legs...
Dolcelannah

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #1 on: 01-26-2004 23:18 »

Hmm, Futurama as a religion... swish.

1. Fry! (remembers back to Fry's statue in Parasites Lost - "The Known Universe" )  laff

Thou shalt avenge Futurama's death.
Thou shalt worship those with orange or purple hair.
Thou shalt bow to a shrine of Futurama merchandise every morning.
Thou shalt respect the sacredness of the Planet Express Employee Lounge, and all faithful subjects therein.
Thou shalt watch many glorious episodes on Futurama DVD's on the Sabbath Day.

3. Well, if we're going to have a new calendar system, we need new weekdays:
Monday: Momday
Tuesday: Farnsday
Wednesday: Zappday
Thursday: Benday
Friday: Fryday
Saturday: Zoiday
Sunday: Leeladay

chay´s head

Space Pope
****
« Reply #2 on: 01-26-2004 23:43 »

Robonika?, and of course we now celebrate X-mas
Action Jacktion

Professor
*
« Reply #3 on: 01-27-2004 01:05 »

I have already devised a religion based on "The Sting."  It's very simple: If you liked "The Sting," you go to Heaven; if you didn't like it, you go to Hell.  (PCC Fred is in trouble.)  And it turns out that this is actually the correct religion, so you can forget about Christianity and Hinduism and whatnot.
Beamer

DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #4 on: 01-27-2004 01:15 »

See the Star Trek church scene in Where No Fan Has Gone Before to get a better understanding of worshipping a show.
sci_bot

Crustacean
*
« Reply #5 on: 01-27-2004 02:31 »

oh oh, don't forget about the bible:

…And the prophet David. X. Cohen said, “there shall be a anthology, and it shall be interesting”. And verily in the year of the second season, Futurama delivered unto us such an anthology and it was called the Anthology of Interest and it was deemed most interesting and most funny by us, the true viewers….
Birdbot

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #6 on: 01-27-2004 02:37 »
« Last Edit on: 01-27-2004 02:37 »

Our God is Matt Groening.
Our Prophets are the rest of the Futurama team.
Our holy lands are the TV and DVD player.
Our "officcial" languages are AL1 and AL2.
If you sin you are doomed to watch all the stupid shows on fox (or your local evil TV station).

And we need some sort of "charity fund" where all money raised goes to buying the Futurama rights off fox. (Or completely destroying fox, if its cheaper!)

Edit: Welcome to PEEL sci_bot. Hope you enjoy your stay.  big grin
chay´s head

Space Pope
****
« Reply #7 on: 01-27-2004 03:03 »

how much do shit-seeking missiles cost these days?
Düffman

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #8 on: 01-27-2004 10:10 »

I think one of the holidays could be the PEEL independece day (from CGEF). And of course every family will worship the one true god of futurama, but each family will also have a diety (i call kiff).
Bushmeister

Professor
*
« Reply #9 on: 01-27-2004 12:17 »

All hail the holy trinity of Matt Groening, David X Cohen and ... any ideas?
aslate

Space Pope
****
« Reply #10 on: 01-27-2004 12:54 »

Was it Teral that was/is head of the RCOTG (Reformed Church Of The Godess), or am i having a brain-slip...
Jazzmonkey

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #11 on: 01-27-2004 14:05 »

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his shiny-metal-ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.
canned eggs

Space Pope
****
« Reply #12 on: 01-27-2004 20:21 »

Everyone's forgetting the One Commandment:

GOD NEEDS BOOZE.
woopsie daisy!

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #13 on: 01-28-2004 02:16 »

"if you do everything right, people don't know you did anything at all...."
Zed 85

Space Pope
****
« Reply #14 on: 01-28-2004 03:31 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by aslate:
Was it Teral that was/is head of the RCOTG (Reformed Church Of The Godess), or am i having a brain-slip...

Teral set it up but is no longer a Space Pope so I think Fred's in charge until I become a Space Pope in a few hundred posts, then we'll share it until Fred outranks me yet again, which won't take long.

 mad

 tongue

The Great Creator would certainly have to be Matt Groening in my mind too.
Though, would we worship the people who made the show, or just the show itself?
chay´s head

Space Pope
****
« Reply #15 on: 01-28-2004 04:59 »

well, the show i think cause futurama is the religion, at the comunion you have a sip of slurm and a glagnar's human rind?
Farnsworth 4 Me

Crustacean
*
« Reply #16 on: 01-28-2004 15:39 »

What about Oprahism or Voodoo?  I love this show.  I created my own religion once.  More like a loose association of nerds with skin problems really.  It was fun though.  200 converts in my high school... some followers still subscribe to it's doctrines.  More or less just worship beauty and recognize it everywhere.  Andyism was it's name for lack of a better name.
SwanMan3000

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #17 on: 01-28-2004 16:48 »
« Last Edit on: 01-28-2004 16:48 »

i think our bible should be one that doesnt disappoint on every page. agreed?

Maybe just steal the present one, shove a picture of Bender boxing a Lion in it, write it in Binary and change Judias to  aluminium? 'some1s acting very aluminium'
Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #18 on: 03-30-2006 13:04 »

Just incase the movies dont happen, I would like you to know that I am starting a religion based around Futurama. The general idea is to spread the word about Futurama, keep it alive and such. This is what you must do if you wish to become a Fryist.
1. You must watch Futurama as often as possible.
2.You must celebrate Fry's birth day [July 13] by drinking beer [or a bottle of limeade re labled to look like Slurm]and eating pizza [anchovies are optional]
3. You must use RamaTime [RamaTime, for those who dont know, is mesureing time as it is in Futurama i.e 1999 normal time is 3000 RamaTime. So the current year by RamaTime is 3007 (3007 is the year it would have been on the show if it were still on)So, using RamaTime I was born in 2988.] or alternitavly you can mesure time from Fry's birth 'Before Fry' 'After Fry' making it 31 A.F you choose.

Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #19 on: 03-30-2006 13:08 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Dolcelannah:
Hmm, Futurama as a religion... swish.

1. Fry! (remembers back to Fry's statue in Parasites Lost - "The Known Universe" )   laff

Thou shalt avenge Futurama's death.
Thou shalt worship those with orange or purple hair.
Thou shalt bow to a shrine of Futurama merchandise every morning.
Thou shalt respect the sacredness of the Planet Express Employee Lounge, and all faithful subjects therein.
Thou shalt watch many glorious episodes on Futurama DVD's on the Sabbath Day.

3. Well, if we're going to have a new calendar system, we need new weekdays:
Monday: Momday
Tuesday: Farnsday
Wednesday: Zappday
Thursday: Benday
Friday: Fryday
Saturday: Zoiday
Sunday: Leeladay


I like those day names, especially Fryday ROTFL. I also like the one about making a shrine to Futurama *runs off to build one*

anonymoose

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #20 on: 03-30-2006 13:42 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Yardstick2006:
3. You must use RamaTime [RamaTime, for those who dont know, is mesureing time as it is in Futurama i.e 1999 normal time is 3000 RamaTime. So the current year by RamaTime is 3007 (3007 is the year it would have been on the show if it were still on)So, using RamaTime I was born in 2988.] or alternitavly you can mesure time from Fry's birth 'Before Fry' 'After Fry' making it 31 A.F you choose.
Just a little FYI
The first episode was set on December 31st 1999 and when fry first arrives in the future, its actually the year 2999 and they are celebrating the dawn of a new millenium. Plus, Fry falls into the tube at midnight, and seems to wake up at mid-day on on New Years Eve 2999. So 'RamaTime' would be exactly 1000 years ahead (3006) and twelve hours behind our time.
Sil

Professor
*
« Reply #21 on: 03-30-2006 13:56 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Bushmeister:
All hail the holy trinity of Matt Groening, David X Cohen and ... any ideas?

Rich Moore.
Naxon

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #22 on: 03-30-2006 14:19 »

eeh, "fryday" is designated to fry, right?
so shouldn't you have a real party on fry's birthday
and booze on all "frydays"?
i just think that seems more reasonable, 'cause then you get 52 or more drinkingdays.
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #23 on: 03-30-2006 14:39 »

Religion #41: When you see the robot, drink!
Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #24 on: 03-30-2006 14:40 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by anonymoose:
 
Quote
Originally posted by Yardstick2006:
3. You must use RamaTime [RamaTime, for those who dont know, is mesureing time as it is in Futurama i.e 1999 normal time is 3000 RamaTime. So the current year by RamaTime is 3007 (3007 is the year it would have been on the show if it were still on)So, using RamaTime I was born in 2988.] or alternitavly you can mesure time from Fry's birth 'Before Fry' 'After Fry' making it 31 A.F you choose.
Just a little FYI
The first episode was set on December 31st 1999 and when fry first arrives in the future, its actually the year 2999 and they are celebrating the dawn of a new millenium. Plus, Fry falls into the tube at midnight, and seems to wake up at mid-day on on New Years Eve 2999. So 'RamaTime' would be exactly 1000 years ahead (3006) and twelve hours behind our time.
Ah, but the rest of the season took place in 3000.

totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #25 on: 03-30-2006 15:05 »

Ah, but it began in 2999.
TriggerHappyJim

Professor
*
« Reply #26 on: 03-30-2006 15:07 »
« Last Edit on: 03-30-2006 15:07 »

Bloody hell you nonce. Of course it took place in the year 3000. If Fry had continued to live in our time, it would have taken place in the year 2000.

Its one of those things which is so astonishingly obvious, and yet so difficult to explain.

Edit: gak, that wasn't directed at you tnuk. Sorry, I was late.
Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #27 on: 03-30-2006 17:20 »

But in the real world it was still 1999. The show first aired in March of that year.
TriggerHappyJim

Professor
*
« Reply #28 on: 03-30-2006 17:26 »

We aren't talking "real world". If we are celebrating the date Fry fell into the freezing chamber, it would have to be based on the Futurama world. Otherwise it would make no sense.
Fryman28b

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #29 on: 03-30-2006 18:55 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by chay's head:
well, the show i think cause futurama is the religion, at the comunion you have a sip of slurm and a glagnar's human rind?

Slurm, yes. Glagnar, no. I was thinking more along the lines of Bachelor Biscuit.
  big grin
futurefreak

salutatory committee member
Moderator
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #30 on: 03-30-2006 19:03 »

i better be made something in this god-forsaken religion!
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #31 on: 03-30-2006 19:06 »

The gimp? Satan? A dishtowel?
Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #32 on: 03-31-2006 04:01 »

You can be the Pope.

You know what I like best about Fryisim? Noone gets mad if you draw apicture of Fry with a bomb on his head.
TomAllen

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #33 on: 03-31-2006 15:41 »

Lots of folks here have plenty of ideas of what the future's major religion should be.  I would guess that's why our Futurama descendants created Freedom Day....

Freedom, freedom, freedom!  Oy!
futurefreak

salutatory committee member
Moderator
DOOP Secretary
*
« Reply #34 on: 03-31-2006 17:18 »

w00 the pope. wash my underpants!
KurtPikachu2001

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #35 on: 03-31-2006 18:06 »

I really wouldn't want Futurama to be a religion.  I like it as a TV Show and a comic book.  I know there's been some other sci-fi shows that have practically become religions. 
anonymoose

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #36 on: 03-31-2006 20:17 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by KurtPikachu2001:
I really wouldn't want Futurama to be a religion.  I like it as a TV Show and a comic book.  I know there's been some other sci-fi shows that have practically become religions. 

I don't think a show should ever become a religion itself, but I'm not sure about religions in shows. Some of them have good values.
Donald

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #37 on: 03-31-2006 23:04 »

Ey yardstick2006 can i join????
Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #38 on: 04-01-2006 05:27 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by KurtPikachu2001:
I really wouldn't want Futurama to be a religion.  I like it as a TV Show and a comic book.  I know there's been some other sci-fi shows that have practically become religions. 

Well its gonna happen, so just go with the flow.

Yardstick2006

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #39 on: 04-01-2006 05:29 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Donald:
Ey yardstick2006 can i join????

Sure, the more the merrier!

  smile
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.157 seconds with 18 queries.