Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    General Disscussion    All The Planets « previous next »
Author Topic: All The Planets  (Read 861 times)
Pages: [1] 2 Print
alexvilagosh

Goose Patrol
Space Pope
****
« on: 04-08-2003 05:52 »
« Last Edit on: 07-13-2003 00:00 »

i dont know if this has been done, but I'm trying to name all the planets and what systems they are in. (and maybe put them on a desktop background). i have assumed numbered planets have all the numbers before them as planets too. i have also assumed that the 9 planets in our solar system now are still there) i also want to know where they are mentioned. i've got:

Earth (all)
Venus
Mercury (Put Your Head.. thanks to Kristi)
Mars (Mars U, Where The Buggalo Roam)
Jupiter (A Big Piece Of Garbage, thanks to Dan)
Saturn (A Big Piece Of Garbage, thanks to Dan)
Neptune (30% Iron Chef)
Urectum (Uranus; A Big Piece Of Garbage)
Pluto (The Birdbot of Ice-Catraz)

Nigel 7 (Kif Gets Knocked Up A Notch)
Nigel 1-6 (?)

Omicron Persei 8 (When Aliens Attack)
Omicron Persei 7 & 9 (When Aliens Attack)
Omicron Persei 1-6 (?)
Omicron Persei 12 (Thank to Grim)
Omicron Persei 10 & 11 (?)

Amphibios 9 (Kif Gets Knocked Up A Notch)
Amphibios 1-8 (?)

Tweenis 12 (Now gone; The Day The Earth...)
Tweenis 1-11 (?)

Vergon 6 (Now gone; Loves Labors Lost....)
Vergon 1-5 (?)

Wormulon (Fry And The Slurm Factory)

Planet Amazonia (Amazon Women In The Mood)

Neutral Planet (Brannigan Begin Again, Thanks to Dan)

Planet Eternium (The Day The Earth...)

Space Rome (Now gone; The Day The Earth...)

Don Martin 3 (Now gone; The Day The Earth..)
Don Martin 1-2 (?)

Spheron 1 (War Is The H-Word)
Spheron 2 (?)
*If there is a Spheron 1, you would think there would have to be at least a Spheron 2

Chapek 9 (Fear Of A Bot.. Thanks to Damitol)
Chapek 1-8 (?)

Ebola 9 (A Big Piece... , Thanks To Damitol)
Ebola 1-8 (?)

Decapod 10 (Why Must A.., Thanks To Ricky)
Decapod 1-9 (?)

Omega 3 (Thanks to Evan)

Sicily 8 (Hell Is..., The Mob Planet)
Sicily 1-7 (?)

Canniballon (A Flight To Remember)

Trisol (My Three Suns thanks to Kristi)

Cylopia (A Bicyclops..., thanks to TheLesbianLeela)

Cineplex 5 (A Bicyclops..., thanks to TheLesbianLeela)
Cineplex 1-4 (?)

Osiris 4 (A Pharoah To Remember, thanks to Dan)
Osiris 1-3 (?)

Dog-Doo 7 (The Route Of All Evil, thanks to Dan)
Dog-Doo 1-6 (?)

Nylar 4 (Brannigan Begin Again, thanks to Dan)
Nylar 1-3 (?)

Methane Planet (The Lesser Of Two Evils, thanks to Dan)

Vega 4 (The Lesser Of Two Evils, thanks to Dan)
Vega 1-3 (?)

Demeanor (The Lesser Of Two Evils, thanks to Dan)

Arrakis (The Lesser Of Two Evils, thanks to Dan)

Spa 5 (How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back)
Spa 1-4 (?)

Squash Planet (Taste of Freedom)

Globetrotter Homeworld (Time Keeps A Slippin')

Stumbos (or something, Brannigan Begin Again)

any thoughts?

[EDIT 1] Added: Chapek 9, Ebola 9, Decapod 10 & Omega 3.
[EDIT 2] Added: Sicily 8
[EDIT 3] Added: Canniballon
[EDIT 4] Added: Trisol, Mercury Information
[EDIT 5] Added: Cylopia, Cineplex System
[EDIT 6] Added: Osiris System, Dog-Doo System, Neutral Planet Information
[EDIT 7] Added: Saturn and Jupiter Information
[EDIT 8] Added: 'The Lesser Of Two Evils' Planets
[EDIT 9 Added: Spa 5
[EDIT 10] Added: Squash Planet, Globetrotter Homeworld
Australian Guy

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #1 on: 04-08-2003 06:31 »

It occured to me, that if a planet had been destroyed in the near past, they wouldnt change their own planets name just to suit that order. It may not be a good idea to assume planets in an order exist
alexvilagosh

Goose Patrol
Space Pope
****
« Reply #2 on: 04-08-2003 06:33 »

hmmm possibly ill add in some useless question marks...  wink
Australian Guy

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #3 on: 04-08-2003 08:52 »

Futurama can be quirky like that? Is it gonna be all glowy and science fictiony like that map Alcazar e-mailed leela in leela's homeworld? OR is it gonna be like a MAcdonalds kids map?   

MMMMMMMMM So many Krusty burger locations :drool:
Grim

Professor
*
« Reply #4 on: 04-08-2003 08:56 »

The Omicron Persei System goes up to 12 (there's a deleted scene in "The Problem with Popplers" that mentions Omicron Persei 12)
Damitol

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #5 on: 04-08-2003 11:10 »
« Last Edit on: 04-08-2003 11:10 »

Chapek 9 from Fear of a Bot Planet (Named after Karel Chapek who coined the word "robot" in his play R.U.R. (Rossum's Universal Robots).   See, listening to the Futurama commentaries is both entertaining AND educational!)

And although unnamed, two gangster planets and a cowboy planet were destroyed when Leela dumped the "Wuv" candy hearts in Love and Rockets.

Edited because I just remembered Ebola 9, The Virus Planet from A Big Piece of Garbage.
Ricky

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #6 on: 04-08-2003 11:34 »

Decapod 10 - Zoidberg's home planet.
Yorokobi

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #7 on: 04-08-2003 13:02 »
« Last Edit on: 04-08-2003 13:02 »

I wonder why, in all science fiction, it's [STAR NAME] [NUMBER OF PLANET FROM STAR] but ONLY for us it's 9 planets with individual names....

Technically shouldn't this be Sol 3?

(Because I just noticed)

Hooray!  I'm a Delivery Boy!
mattt

Crustacean
*
« Reply #8 on: 04-08-2003 13:37 »

Don't forget McPluto!
Gocad

Space Pope
****
« Reply #9 on: 04-08-2003 13:41 »
« Last Edit on: 04-08-2003 13:41 »

Quote
Originally posted by Yorokobi:
I wonder why, in all science fiction, it's [STAR NAME] [NUMBER OF PLANET FROM STAR] but ONLY for us it's 9 planets with individual names....

Technically shouldn't this be Sol 3?


Hey that is our system you're talking about and not some unimportant alien system no will ever care about and that is why there is no point in giving every planet in such a system his own name. It is just a waste of time.
   evil laugh


I'm watching you. Yes, YOU!
CyberKnight

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #10 on: 04-08-2003 14:00 »

"And it shall be called...The Earth"

"Oh. What a dull name."  wink

I always felt Terra was a much nicer name  big grin.
evan

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #11 on: 04-08-2003 15:46 »

If you want to include the Near-Death Star as a planet (a planet-like station) from "A Clone..."

I forget what it's called, but there's the Methane Planet referrenced in "Lesser of Two Evils."

Also, there's the Parmicium Homeworld, from that and "Raging Bender."

The Globetrotter Homeworld, as well.

And Omega 3, home of Melllvar and the hidden Star Trek tapes...
alexvilagosh

Goose Patrol
Space Pope
****
« Reply #12 on: 04-09-2003 02:19 »

Thanks that list is getting very long!
Kristi
Starship Captain
****
« Reply #13 on: 04-09-2003 02:45 »
« Last Edit on: 04-09-2003 02:45 »

Trisol (My Three Suns)

Mercury is mentioned/seen in Put Your Head On My Shoulder.
Australian Guy

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #14 on: 04-09-2003 03:10 »
« Last Edit on: 04-09-2003 03:10 »

Sol is a popular name in Sci fi novels, I also prefer Terra. Earth just seems pretentious(?)
Gocad

Space Pope
****
« Reply #15 on: 04-09-2003 03:14 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by evan:
If you want to include the Near-Death Star as a planet (a planet-like station) from "A Clone..."

[Obi-wan]This is no planet, it is a space station[/Obi-wan]


I'm watching you. Yes, YOU!
Yorokobi

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #16 on: 04-09-2003 21:08 »

Fry and the gang land on yet another new world.  The local authorities come out to greet them.  One of the first things you'd notice is they are all bald, men and women alike.

Leela is the first to descend the gangway.  As she does the closest alien exclaims, "Welcome to the planet Barbasol!"

[RUNS]

TheLesbianLeela

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #17 on: 04-09-2003 21:34 »

"Cylopia" in "A Bicyclops build fot two". And this Cinema planet in the same episode. Cineplex 5 or so ...
 
Quote
Originally posted by CyberKnight:I always felt Terra was a much nicer name big grin.
Yes, Terra is sounding much better. After all it's just the Latin word for "Earth" but it sounds better. Also Sol and Luna do so.  smile
 
Quote
Originally posted by Gocad:
Hey that is our system you're talking about and not some unimportant alien system no will ever care about and that is why there is no point in giving every planet in such a system his own name. It is just a waste of time.
I think the Alien planets all have their own names in the several Alien languages. It's just the Terrestrians (we) who are calling this planets with names like Orion-9 or so.
The true name of the Omicron Persei sytem is for sure somthing like the names "Lrrr" and "Ndnda".
Well, and planets like Sicily-8 and some other one are sounding like colonized ages ago from Terrestrians.
[JFK's Head] Ich bin ein Terraner! [/JFK's Head]

Click-able signature-picture below!

"PotM August 2004" & PEEL's unofficial Feministic Warrior
Pikka Bird: "you look like quite a sweetheart... with vibes..."
Ralph Snart: "TLL is kinda a legend around here"
Gocad

Space Pope
****
« Reply #18 on: 04-10-2003 03:14 »
« Last Edit on: 04-10-2003 03:14 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by TheLesbianLeela:
"[JFK's Head] Ich bin ein Terraner! [/JFK's Head]


"Erdling" or "Solaner" would have been better....   evil laugh


I'm watching you. Yes, YOU!
Radijs

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #19 on: 04-10-2003 05:54 »

I Prefer earthican!
Gocad

Space Pope
****
« Reply #20 on: 04-10-2003 06:02 »

I knew I forgot this one, but "Erdling" is almost the same, however the suffix "ling "does add a negative touch to it...
Also, Earthican isn't german, it's some other crazy and dead language...  evil laugh


I'm watching you. Yes, YOU!
Damitol

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #21 on: 04-10-2003 11:23 »

Hey alexvilagosh - I just thought of something that will make your project even more hell-like.

Earth sustains us because of it's unique positioning to the sun.  We are close enough so that water (the one virtually universal requirement for every life form on our planet) doesn't freeze, yet far enough away so that it does not vaporize either.  The bonus by-product of that is an oxygen based atmosphere that comes in pretty handy as well.

The point is that if Vergon 6 is the sixth planet in it's solar system, then there are probably an unknown number of planets in the same system further away from the central sun(s).  Look at the number of planets Fry and Leela visit where they are able to breath the atmosphere.  That means that such planet's distance from their own sun(s) is roughly equal to Earth's, once you factor in the delta between the amount of heat their sun(s) generate and our own.

Trisol, for example (My Three Suns), to sustain both a breathable atmosphere AND a water based life form must be incredibly far away from that really big sun - meaning that there could theoretically be a huge number of planets between it and Trisol, plus additional planets even further out.

You may want to think about sticking to only those planets named in the show, unless you are looking to  turning into your life's work.
alexvilagosh

Goose Patrol
Space Pope
****
« Reply #22 on: 04-11-2003 17:47 »

its all seeming extremely hard and confusing now... dont know where to start!
anyone else want to try!!!???
Just Chris

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #23 on: 04-11-2003 21:54 »

Don't forget the Slurm planet. You can't miss it, not with that big SLURM logo formed on its ring.
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #24 on: 04-15-2003 04:21 »

That's Planet Wormulon.

Theres also the planet full of blind moles mentioned in "A Bicyclops buildt for two".
Australian Guy

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #25 on: 04-15-2003 05:48 »

I think that may have been the eyeless mole people of subterra three
Chanukah Zombie

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #26 on: 04-15-2003 07:21 »

Hovering Squidworld 97a -- which boasts a person coincidentally named Philip J. Fry, not to be confused with our protagonist.  [TWOF]
evan

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #27 on: 04-15-2003 14:47 »

"Teddy Bear Junction"...tho' I'm not sure whether that is the star's name or the planet's name. [TMLH]
VRRR

Crustacean
*
« Reply #28 on: 04-15-2003 19:45 »

Also Nintendoo 64 -from AOI
The question is whether this, is a "proper" planet.
it was mentioned in the show but only in a hypothetical story within the show... so is it a fictional-fictional planet or a real-fictional planet.
still confused?
TomDak123

Crustacean
*
« Reply #29 on: 04-15-2003 23:03 »

When they're introducing Zap, dont the mention something like ". . back from a triumphant carpet bombing of the pacifists of the Ghandi Nebula" (of course thats not a planet, but still) and also wasent there something about retirees? Different from the Near-Death star I mean. Curse this THC-infested memory! -Tom
mikey

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #30 on: 04-16-2003 08:57 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by Australian Guy:
Sol is a popular name in Sci fi novels, I also prefer Terra. Earth just seems pretentious(?)

Sol is the scientific name for the sun, or a sun.


Nemo's probable ending
evan

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #31 on: 04-16-2003 16:11 »

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but you can add Dog Doos 1-7. (Route of All Evil.)
beck

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #32 on: 04-17-2003 07:20 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by TomDak123:
When they're introducing Zap, dont the mention something like ". . back from a triumphant carpet bombing of the pacifists of the Ghandi Nebula" (of course thats not a planet, but still) and also wasent there something about retirees? Different from the Near-Death star I mean. Curse this THC-infested memory! -Tom

Yes, when they christened "TITANIC" Poopenmeyer (the mayor of NNYC) introduced Zapp as a man, who "single-handedly defeated the retiree people of the Assisted-Living Nebula" (not a planet again, though). Thinking of it I remembered another Zapp-related planetary system - Octillian system, which he also single-handedly saved from a horde of rampaging killbots (1ACV04).


__________
Nice place this forum... Can anybody let me know where can I find some blackjack & hookers


Kristi
Starship Captain
****
« Reply #33 on: 04-17-2003 14:54 »

Welcome to PEEL, beck!
totalnerd undercanada

DOOP Ubersecretary
**
« Reply #34 on: 04-17-2003 20:50 »

Theres also the Galaxy of Terror, not a planet, but a place. There's the planet of the moochers (TPWP) although this was not seen. Theres Stombos 4 (BBA) the high gravity world too.
evan

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #35 on: 04-21-2003 18:38 »
« Last Edit on: 04-21-2003 18:38 »

Globetrotter Homeworld anyone?
SQFreak

Professor
*
« Reply #36 on: 04-22-2003 09:03 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by CyberKnight:
"And it shall be called...The Earth"

"Oh. What a dull name."   wink

Woohoo! Hitchhiker's Guide!!
Damitol

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #37 on: 04-22-2003 10:40 »

I was home sick yesterday and watched my short, but sweet "Futurama Season 5" tape.  I didn't make a list of all the planets mentioned, but there was a quick Zoidberg planet joke in "Taste of Freedom" that made me laugh and thus deserves to be mentioned here:

"We'll do to them what we did to the Squashmen of the Squash planet... we'll squish them."
Timo

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #38 on: 04-22-2003 11:58 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by totalnerduk:
Theres also the Galaxy of Terror, not a planet, but a place. There's the planet of the moochers (TPWP) although this was not seen. Theres Stombos 4 (BBA) the high gravity world too.

I think it's "Stumbos," as in, "the gravity is so high you will stumble a lot."  That's a joke, son.
Citizen77

Crustacean
*
« Reply #39 on: 04-22-2003 13:58 »

Now there's someone with too much time on his hands...


 
Quote
Originally posted by alexvilagosh:
i dont know if this has been done, but I'm trying to name all the planets and what systems they are in. (and maybe put them on a desktop background). i have assumed numbered planets have all the numbers before them as planets too. i have also assumed that the 9 planets in our solar system now are still there) i also want to know where they are mentioned. i've got:

Earth (all)
Venus
Mercury (Put Your Head.. thanks to Kristi)
Mars (Mars U, Where The Buggalo Roam)
Jupiter (A Big Piece Of Garbage, thanks to Dan)
Saturn (A Big Piece Of Garbage, thanks to Dan)
Neptune (30% Iron Chef)
Urectum (Uranus; A Big Piece Of Garbage)
Pluto (The Birdbot of Ice-Catraz)

Nigel 7 (Kif Gets Knocked Up A Notch)
Nigel 1-6 (?)

Omicron Persei 8 (When Aliens Attack)
Omicron Persei 7 & 9 (When Aliens Attack)
Omicron Persei 1-6 (?)
Omicron Persei 12 (Thank to Grim)
Omicron Persei 10 & 11 (?)

Amphibios 9 (Kif Gets Knocked Up A Notch)
Amphibios 1-8 (?)

Tweenis 12 (Now gone; The Day The Earth...)
Tweenis 1-11 (?)

Vergon 6 (Now gone; Loves Labors Lost....)
Vergon 1-5 (?)

Wormulon (Fry And The Slurm Factory)

Planet Amazonia (Amazon Women In The Mood)

Neutral Planet (Brannigan Begin Again, Thanks to Dan)

Planet Eternium (The Day The Earth...)

Space Rome (Now gone; The Day The Earth...)

Don Martin 3 (Now gone; The Day The Earth..)
Don Martin 1-2 (?)

Spheron 1 (War Is The H-Word)
Spheron 2 (?)
*If there is a Spheron 1, you would think there would have to be at least a Spheron 2

Chapek 9 (Fear Of A Bot.. Thanks to Damitol)
Chapek 1-8 (?)

Ebola 9 (A Big Piece... , Thanks To Damitol)
Ebola 1-8 (?)

Decapod 10 (Why Must A.., Thanks To Ricky)
Decapod 1-9 (?)

Omega 3 (Thanks to Evan)

Sicily 8 (Hell Is..., The Mob Planet)
Sicily 1-7 (?)

Canniballon (A Flight To Remember)

Trisol (My Three Suns thanks to Kristi)

Cylopia (A Bicyclops..., thanks to TheLesbianLeela)

Cineplex 5 (A Bicyclops..., thanks to TheLesbianLeela)
Cineplex 1-4 (?)

Osiris 4 (A Pharoah To Remember, thanks to Dan)
Osiris 1-3 (?)

Dog-Doo 7 (The Route Of All Evil, thanks to Dan)
Dog-Doo 1-6 (?)

Nylar 4 (Brannigan Begin Again, thanks to Dan)
Nylar 1-3 (?)

Methane Planet (The Lesser Of Two Evils, thanks to Dan)

Vega 4 (The Lesser Of Two Evils, thanks to Dan)
Vega 1-3 (?)

Demeanor (The Lesser Of Two Evils, thanks to Dan)

Arrakis (The Lesser Of Two Evils, thanks to Dan)


any thoughts?

[EDIT 1] Added: Chapek 9, Ebola 9, Decapod 10 & Omega 3.
[EDIT 2] Added: Sicily 8
[EDIT 3] Added: Canniballon
[EDIT 4] Added: Trisol, Mercury Information
[EDIT 5] Added: Cylopia, Cineplex System
[EDIT 6] Added: Osiris System, Dog-Doo System, Neutral Planet Information
[EDIT 7] Added: Saturn and Jupiter Information
[EDIT 8] Added: 'The Lesser Of Two Evils' Planets

  eek
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.167 seconds with 17 queries.