Futurama   Planet Express Employee Lounge
The Futurama Message Board

Design and Support by Can't get enough Futurama
Help Search Futurama chat Login Register

PEEL - The Futurama Message Board    General Disscussion    Planet Express Employee... Lust? Back by popular Lust? Acronymic Thread « previous next »
 Topic locked! 
Author Topic: Planet Express Employee... Lust? Back by popular Lust? Acronymic Thread  (Read 751 times)
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Glasses

Bending Unit
***
« on: 03-09-2006 05:09 »

The old thread reached the speed page limit so this is the new one. The old one can be found here Old Thread

 
Quote
Originally posted by mookie427:
SEX:

Sensual, Erotic.......Xylophone?!?

I'll start:

EROTIC.

Evil rectal ogres take it cautious

I'm a white male, aged 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are.
-Homer
The Pizzazz

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #1 on: 03-09-2006 05:44 »
« Last Edit on: 03-09-2006 05:44 »

Cautious

Cursory, ambiguous, unamusing television is our universal shame

Edit: formatting
Zogonif

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #2 on: 03-09-2006 06:12 »

SHAME

Shonky horses are moving Xtremely
mookie427

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #3 on: 03-09-2006 11:30 »

SHONKY:

Shouting Heresy Over New Kings Y-Fronts
Foxxy Gurl

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #4 on: 03-09-2006 21:22 »

KINGS

Killier Iguanas Never Get Sex
zoiby

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #5 on: 03-10-2006 01:26 »

IGAUNAS

Intelligent greeks arrange umbrellas near apple station
Glasses

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #6 on: 03-10-2006 01:44 »

APPLE

Almighy Prim, Proper Lecturers Eat
Zogonif

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #7 on: 03-10-2006 01:47 »

PRIM

Pretty robots include mice
BenderNeedBooze

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #8 on: 03-10-2006 05:24 »

MICE

Mr. Incy Can Eat
Dave B

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #9 on: 03-10-2006 08:50 »

????? Can someone please explain to me how you play this game??? I'm lost already lol, thanks
Fryman28b

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #10 on: 03-10-2006 17:25 »

You take a word from the previous person's acronym, then make an acronym out of it!

INCY

If Noone Cares, YOGURT!!
Dave B

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #11 on: 03-10-2006 17:27 »

Acronym..., could someone fill me in lol
mookie427

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #12 on: 03-10-2006 17:33 »

wikipedia solves something again!

Acronyms and initialisms are abbreviations such as NATO, laser, or scuba, written as the initial letter or letters of words, and pronounced based on this abbreviated written form.

Of the two words, "acronym" is the much more frequently used and known, and some dictionaries, speakers and writers use it when referring to all abbreviations formed from initial letters. However, this is a contentious point, and there are also some (including the Oxford English Dictionary) who differentiate between the two terms. These state that an acronym is a pronounceable word formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the constituent words, such as NATO IPA:[neɪtoʊ] or RADAR [reɪdɑɹ], from RAdio Detection And Ranging, while an initialism refers to an abbreviation pronounced as the names of the individual letters, such as TLA [ti.ɛl.eɪ] or XHTML.

In syllabic languages such as Chinese, Japanese and Korean, acronym refers to short forms that take the first character of each (multi-character) element. For example, Beijing University - Beijing Daxue (literally 'NorthCapital BigSchool') - is widely known as Beida (literally 'NorthBig'). In such languages, the term initialism is irrelevant.

anyway, back to the thread:

NOONE:

Neils Overly Orange New Ears
Hypnotize

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #13 on: 03-10-2006 18:07 »

Ears

Eating ants, rating spoons
tyraniak

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #14 on: 03-10-2006 18:39 »

ASSHOLE...Alliance of Societies for the Stopping of Horrible Offenses to Liberty and Equality
TriggerHappyJim

Professor
*
« Reply #15 on: 03-10-2006 19:06 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by mookie427:
wikipedia solves something again!

Acronyms and initialisms are abbreviations such as NATO, laser, or scuba, written as the initial letter or letters of words, and pronounced based on this abbreviated written form.

Of the two words, "acronym" is the much more frequently used and known, and some dictionaries, speakers and writers use it when referring to all abbreviations formed from initial letters. However, this is a contentious point, and there are also some (including the Oxford English Dictionary) who differentiate between the two terms. These state that an acronym is a pronounceable word formed from the initial letter or letters of each of the constituent words, such as NATO IPA:[neɪtoʊ] or RADAR [reɪdɑɹ], from RAdio Detection And Ranging, while an initialism refers to an abbreviation pronounced as the names of the individual letters, such as TLA [ti.ɛl.eɪ] or XHTML.

In syllabic languages such as Chinese, Japanese and Korean, acronym refers to short forms that take the first character of each (multi-character) element. For example, Beijing University - Beijing Daxue (literally 'NorthCapital BigSchool') - is widely known as Beida (literally 'NorthBig'). In such languages, the term initialism is irrelevant.

Thats more than fantasticly confusing.

Lets take "DOOP" from Futurama.
D - Democratic.
O - Order.
O - Of.
P - Planets.

"Democratic Order Of Planets" Is what the acronym "DOOP" stands for.

Lets take HORRIBLE from tyraniak's last post.

Hordes Of Rather Rowdy Insects Became Legally Exempt

See how the first letter of each word comes together to form "HORRIBLE"?
tyraniak

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #16 on: 03-10-2006 23:58 »

NOSHIT...Nice Ostriches Sometimes Help Incontinent Teamsters
Zogonif

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #17 on: 03-11-2006 01:18 »

WHere the hell did you get NOshit from.

Anyway continuing on from Hypnotize

ANTS

And neptune tanks succeed
mookie427

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #18 on: 03-11-2006 02:48 »

TANKS:

Terribly Active Nobodies Kick Sealions
HW

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #19 on: 03-11-2006 03:07 »

SEALIONS:

Something Endearing About Leela Is Outstandingly Not Supported
Zogonif

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #20 on: 03-12-2006 08:09 »

ABOUT

ALiens breed only Uakari terrors
TriggerHappyJim

Professor
*
« Reply #21 on: 03-12-2006 09:02 »
« Last Edit on: 03-12-2006 09:02 »

These acronyms are progressively getting worse.

EDIT: And so is my spelling.
Zogonif

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #22 on: 03-12-2006 09:09 »
« Last Edit on: 03-13-2006 00:00 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by TriggerHappyJim:
These acronyms are progressively getting worse.

EDIT: And so is my spelling.

If your complaning so much go ahead and make a good one continuing on from my or whoevers post
HW

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #23 on: 03-13-2006 06:49 »

There was no need for THJ's interruption. Anyway:

UAKARI

United American Knilts Aganist Rug Invasions
Blane

Professor
*
« Reply #24 on: 03-13-2006 07:07 »

RUG

Random unpleasent greetings
The Pizzazz

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #25 on: 03-13-2006 07:29 »
« Last Edit on: 03-13-2006 07:29 »

RANDOM

Rain and night dulls occular capacity
Zogonif

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #26 on: 03-13-2006 07:41 »

Dulls

Decapodians usally lose leelas sperm
BenderNeedBooze

Starship Captain
****
« Reply #27 on: 03-14-2006 07:02 »

LEELA'S

Leela Eats Emporor Lamington After Sacrificing him.
El-Man

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #28 on: 03-14-2006 07:56 »
« Last Edit on: 03-14-2006 07:56 »

"Leela Eats Emperor Lamington After Sacrificing him"

Leela entered extremely livid, and exhausted. "Amy's turn!" she exclaimed, mud plastered, exceptionally riled. "Oh really, Leela," Amy muttered, "I'm not going to open no airlock, fall to earth, rappel suicidally across chasms... ridiculous! I fly in cars, I never go hunting insect monsters!"

(Okay, it's a bit strained, but the options were limited...    smile )
pimp103

Crustacean
*
« Reply #29 on: 03-14-2006 08:03 »

u r gay so now i spam u ok?
pimp103

Crustacean
*
« Reply #30 on: 03-14-2006 08:04 »

spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam
mookie427

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #31 on: 03-14-2006 11:10 »

plastered:

Pimp103, Lacking All Systems, 'Tempts Extremely Retarded Elongated Discussions.


there. Done. No more pimp103 for me!

someone ban him, please. Otherwise who knows what'll happen?

God i F****** hate spammers....
Dave B

Urban Legend
***
« Reply #32 on: 03-14-2006 11:12 »

 
Quote
Originally posted by mookie427:
plastered:

Pimp103, Lacking All Systems, 'Tempts Extremely Retarded Elongated Discussions.


there. Done. No more pimp103 for me!

someone ban him, please. Otherwise who knows what'll happen?

God i F****** hate spammers....

Don't we all mate...  roll eyes
HW

Delivery Boy
**
« Reply #33 on: 03-14-2006 13:30 »

EATS:

Enough Acts of Treacherous Spam.
Gopher

Fallback Guy
Space Pope
****
« Reply #34 on: 03-14-2006 14:05 »

SPAM
Stupid People, Annoying Messages
Hypnotize

Bending Unit
***
« Reply #35 on: 03-14-2006 18:51 »

Stupid

Stop the underachieving pimp103 in disaster
Blane

Professor
*
« Reply #36 on: 03-15-2006 00:40 »

PIMP103

pimp103 is mega pansy times 103
mookie427

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #37 on: 03-15-2006 01:21 »

PIMP103:

Pimp103 Is (a) Monumentally Pathetic (individual), 103 (times)
Zogonif

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #38 on: 03-15-2006 02:10 »

Pathetic

Please ask the hairy earth tree include chocolate
dr.bender nye

Liquid Emperor
**
« Reply #39 on: 03-16-2006 12:05 »

CRAP
Cheesey Reguards And Politics
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
 Topic locked! 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by SMF | SMF © 2006, Simple Machines | some icons from famfamfam
Legal Notice & Disclaimer: "Futurama" TM and copyright FOX, its related entities and the Curiosity Company. All rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication or distribution of these materials in any form is expressly prohibited. As a fan site, this Futurama forum, its operators, and any content on the site relating to "Futurama" are not explicitely authorized by Fox or the Curiosity Company.
Page created in 0.18 seconds with 17 queries.